Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums THE LOUNGE November Chat

This topic contains 52sd replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Bam 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author

BunnyLass568
    Participant

I hope no one minds if I start a November Chat thread almost 30 minutes early, or at all really. I was going to try out NaNoWriMo this year but as usual I chickened out… I didn’t really do anything for Halloween other than re-watch Holloween Baking Championship and I’m currently watching Christmas movies. 

Sofia
    Participant

Same here, I used to love Halloween but this year I just stayed in with the buns binging Netflix. November 1st is actually Boos and Bobby’s (rb bun) gotcha day! One year today, couldn’t imagine a life without them anymore!

joea64
    Participant

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit! (Names to be filled in later, I’m a bit groggy this time of day. ) Had a quiet Halloween too.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Fernando, Asriel’s chest, Nimbus!

I had a hair dye fiasco to undo xD I went blonde two weeks ago, and the intent is to eventually go Gwen Stefani platinum. Had a snafu when we initially started. I used a mixture of henna+indigo a few months ago to get a black tint to my hair, and now that mixture has lifted blue and green in some places. So the intent was to fix it yesterday get platinum go home and be a hollaback girl. NOPE. Spent 4 hours between oil treatments and lifting conditioners to end up with a gorgeous silver platinum… with bright blue streaks in places. I work at a law firm so that’s a definite no go. So they had to die it back to my natural color so that it can lift uniformly in 3 weeks. So once a week for the next three weeks I have to slather coconut oil on my hair and let it sit for 12 hours. I guess it helps to break up the henna mixture. Sooooooo I should be Gwen Stefani just in time for Thanksgiving. It is a bit depressing to look in the mirror and see brown again. I had never been blonde before so this has been an interesting experience to say the least!

Hope everyone has a cozy November!

Q8bunny
    Participant

Chewie’s tummy, Podge, Olaf.

We did NOTHING special for Samhain this year. Not even a nibble of chocolate. Torrential rains nonstop since Tuesday (still going strong), some flooding, vegan takeout for dinner

A&B – sorry about the hair woes. Did you try to use a dye stripper first, or just tackled it with powder bleach? I’ve been a bottle blond for a pretty long time and do my own hair now because I’ve had scary powder bleach results from salons. lol I think they see my hair and never suspect how easily my pigment lifts. Of course, henna would complicate matters immensely (as would indigo). Natural dyes and synthetic ones rarely mix well due to metallic salts not playing nicely with the altered hair. Ho hum… hopefully you won’t have to wait much longer for your hollaback girl hair. So… your law firm doesn’t go for the fun anime hair?

Bam

White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit!

Happy belated Gotcha Day Boo!

A&B, henna really bites into hair. I used to dye my hair a lot but I’ve stopped. Just normal blond now.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

Happy belated gotcha day Boo and Bobby!

It was all done at the salon. This girl is really good too and knows her stuff, so I do feel like I’m in good hands. I just wished the place that sold me the henna would’ve informed me about it. HR actually commented on the change back to brunette. Nothing about when I went blonde, but the brunette she had to mention *eyeroll*

Chewie: I don’t think she used bleach at all. She used a mixture of Olaplex, a different type of lightner, and dye all at once. And yes about the pigment! When I went in 2 weeks ago Heaven had prepared me to be in that chair for a good 8 hours, but it lifted all the way down to the darkest blonde shade with one process (naturally dark chocolate hair). So thank goodness for thin hair sometimes xD

LBJ10

Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy, Leopold’s tummy!

Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze, Wooly’s blaze!

Tony's Mum
    Participant

We had a boring Samhain too. Had some food and lit some candles. Our village had a fireworks display and noise scared the crap out of the buns and one of our neighbors dogs got scared and ran off, and still hasn’t been found ?

Boo, Tony’s gotcha day is November too ? I can’t believe it’s only been two years, he is the centre of my world.

Q8bunny
    Participant

A&B Familiar with Olaplex. Lovely stuff but sooo expensive. I currently use Wella Colorcharm liquid in the 12A with a 30v developer – brush application to roots only, and daily tiny dollop of blue shampoo to prevent brassiness. Takes me from a medium brown to a light blonde in the span of a movie.

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

Late again!!! And with days ahead intention… I still end up here late….. white Rabbit white rabbit white rabbit!

BunBun! Olaf! And Allen! All Minus Ears, Nose, Tails, and Toes! ???

Muj Mom N Bun
    Participant

We went to take a brief walk around to see a few neighbor’s Halloween decorations… we have a few houses in our area that really love to get their spook on and it’s pretty fun to watch them make it bigger and bigger every year. We ended up with surprisingly lovely weather for the evening and it brought out a mob of trick o treaters so we cut our walk super short bcz I wanted to run back to the home so that I could begin handing out as much candy as soon as possible bcz I wanted none of it left over! Both my neighbor and I had no problem with that bcz this year we were cleaned out! ?

@Tony’s Mum: Oh no, I hope they’ll find the dog again soon 

@a&B: hope that this time it’ll work out well!

More pampering and salon time: I gave Breintje a mani/pedi and a massage today. Nail clipping was a disaster last time because I accidentally cut the quick. This time I tried to file his nails, holding the nail still at the base. That went a lot better, he still struggled a bit but he doesn’t flinch when something touches the nail. No thumps afterwards either, just two huge eyes begging for raisins. Oh, and a cleaning session which included both my hands as well Success, mission accomplished!

BunnyLass568
    Participant

Oops forgot about white rabbit… ahem. White rabbit, white rabbit, white rabbit: all of Thumper, under Blossom’s tail.

I looked at my calendar and oh gosh! Blossom and Thumper’s half year anniversary is coming up in a few days! I wanna do something special for them but lack funds, do you guys have any suggestions?

Sofia
    Participant

@bunnylass honestly the bunnies don’t care nearly as much as we do about anniversaries ? just make them feel extra special, lots of cuddles, maybe a few of their favourite treats

BunnyLass568
    Participant

Posted By I’m with Boo on 11/03/2018 10:38 AM

@bunnylass honestly the bunnies don’t care nearly as much as we do about anniversaries ? just make them feel extra special, lots of cuddles, maybe a few of their favourite treats

Lol I know XD thanks for the suggestions!

Azerane

It was pretty hot here on Halloween which I suspect put a few people off, but we still got some trick or treaters.

I harvested some snow peas from the garden today. I think I put the plants in just over a month ago and I got seven pods from them today, more on the way. It’s my first time growing them but they’re very easy. I think I need to start them a little earlier next year though.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

My mom just started growing peapods too! My parents moved up to a senior community in Vermont last year, and my mom has really gotten into gardening to help her anxiety. I think she said peas were her favorite to grow because they were so easy xD What else do you grow Az? When the hubs and I move to South Carolina we plan on getting into gardening as well, so any advice on the best crops for beginners is appreciated!

joea64
    Participant

USA people; don’t forget to vote today! If you don’t care for any of the candidates, just write in your bun(s)’ names, where available.

joea64
    Participant

Posted By Asriel and Bombur on 11/05/2018 7:29 AM

My mom just started growing peapods too! My parents moved up to a senior community in Vermont last year, and my mom has really gotten into gardening to help her anxiety. I think she said peas were her favorite to grow because they were so easy xD What else do you grow Az? When the hubs and I move to South Carolina we plan on getting into gardening as well, so any advice on the best crops for beginners is appreciated!

Where in SC are you moving? I’m originally from Beaufort.

Asriel and Bombur
    Participant

More than likely Columbia. We love love love Charleston, but neither of us liked the prospect of hurricane season directly on the coast with 2 bunnies and potential evacs. Columbia is decently priced, has a plethora of accounting firms for me to work at, and it’s a healthy distance between beaches and mountains for hiking.We’re currently about 45 minutes north of Boston along the coast, and during the winter its a pain in the rump dealing with the frequent power outages.

BunnyLass568
    Participant

6th months since Blossom and Thumper came in to our lives!!

Congrats Blossom and Thumper, hope you can handle being spoilt every day ^_^

BunnyLass568
    Participant

Posted By Ellie from The Netherlands on 11/07/2018 1:42 AM

Congrats Blossom and Thumper, hope you can handle being spoilt every day ^_^

Lol considering they’re currently eating lettuce and peppers before their pellets and that they’ll drink from their water bowls while I’m still holding them I think they’re already used to it. XD

Azerane

I have a funny bunny Luna story for you all I was laying in bed watching a movie when I heard lots of banging sounds from the lounge room. At first I thought it was the cats chasing each other around, but no. Since the sound stops I assume it’s just the bunnies chasing each other around. I forgot about it for about 5 minutes before I think to get up and check. Both Apollo and Luna are nonchalantly chewing on hay in the litter box, but there are bunny toys and treats in bags all over the floor where they’ve been pulled off a shelf. The shelf also has two distinct chew marks on the edge, lol. So I pick everything up and just dump it on my desk for now (which is right next to the shelf). I go back to the movie and about 15 minutes later, more banging and crashing. I come back out to the lounge room to find Luna on top of my desk, trying to work out how to get into the treat jar. I’m going to have to reconfigure some of the bunny storage boxes so that she can no longer get up on my desk, otherwise we’re in for a whole lot more trouble, lol. I’ve gotta say though, I’m pretty impressed. The gap she used to get up there is not very wide.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.