Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING Nova and Hubble

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • KytKattin
      Participant
      1195 posts Send Private Message

So things are really good with them. Nova thinks he is awesome, follows him around, and likes to sit by him. Sometimes he will give her a nip on the bum, but I think it’s out of love and he never chases. Nova did go absolutly crazy trying to get him to play (a binky every two seconds) and he got frustrated and pulled out a little hair (she settled down after that). One thing that is not happening though is him grooming her. She grooms him like crazy, almost violently (but not hurting him). Then she puts her head under his and hopes that he will return the favor. Occasionally he will give her a lick, but that is it and not enough to make her happy. I have had them out together every day and it is just so sad to watch her beg and beg for something. I know that she is good for him, but I wish she had someone to play with (I am not good enough for her). Any ideas on getting him to be a little more lively? They really are about as opposite as you can get. Hubble’s teeth are also doing a lot better, but since it will be an ongoing problem they likely can not live together until I proceed with the premenant solution

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

This is normal in most rabbit relationships.

Try not to project your feelings too that this does not make her happy. Rabbit relationships are different than human relationships.

I say as long as they are getting along let them work out their own relationship the rabbit way.

I have a couple that I have never seen groom each other and they get along and seem content.

Why can’t they live together even if Hubble has dental problems?

• KytKattin
          Participant

I just look at them from afar when they are together so I don’t think she knows I feel bad for her.

Nova is a pig and Hubble needs unlimited pellets to keep weight on. Plus it is easier for me to monitor his hay intake with him living alone. He just recently started eating hay after his molar spurs were trimmed off and I want to make sure he continues to do so.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Sarita, its very normal for people to think of bonding the same way we think of human relationships, but if Nova is following him around and is grooming him, then he must be doing something to make her happy because bunnies are not generous with the grooms unless they are happy So that is a really great sign. I see what you mean about the unlimited pellets and monitoring hay, hopefully Hubble will be doing well enough soon to live with Nova permanently, since it sounds like a really great relationship! I’ve been trying to bond two of my bunnies for months, and I can’t get either one of them to groom.

• KytKattin
              Participant

I wonder if that is the main reason I’m sad about them; because they can not live together and enjoy each others’ company as I know they would love to do. I think they would be tied at the hip if they could be. I’m saving my money diligently now; I was able to put aside $200 this month, and will probably have another $200 next month. Some of it will go to his next check up and an x-ray if his teeth haven’t come in. I’m guessing that the surgery to have the molars permanently removed will cost between $800 and $1200, though I realize that it might cost a lot more. I really don’t have anything to base it off of except for my Chihuahua’s retained molars which cost me $600. So if I can save that up and get those removed then I’ll monitor him for a couple months and decide if they can live together after that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING Nova and Hubble