Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Not eating hay

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lisa_43
      Participant
      1499 posts Send Private Message

Ebony has started eating vegitables but I have not seen her touch her hay and pellets.

She is drinking and has started pooping.

The vet said if she hasn’t eaten by lunch time today to ring them and get more pain killers.

Should I get the meds? or should I wait as she seems ok and eating the vegies, not sure what to do

• osprey
        Participant
        2065 posts Send Private Message

I have done post op for two bunnies that were spayed.  For both of them, hay was the last thing that they ate.  Greens first, then pellets, then hay.  I gave pain meds for 2 or 3 days.

• ScooterandAnnette
          Participant
          1090 posts Send Private Message

It won’t hurt to call the vet and ask.

For what it’s worth, when each of our bunnies was altered, we were given a 3-day supply of painkiller and told to give a dose a day until it was all gone.

• bigsis7
            Participant
            732 posts Send Private Message

Maybe you can soak the pellets in water until they are really soft. I’ve done this when my rat was very ill and when my dogs teeth were sore. I am not sure if this would work though.

• Lisa_43
              Participant
              1499 posts Send Private Message

Thanks all, I did give pellets and water mixed with veggies yesterday, I tried to syringe it down nut most got on her dewlap, can’t half tell I have no experience. Lucky I did get the meds down but that syringe was much smaller and easier.

I think I will ring and just have a talk to see what they say.

UPDATE

They said as long as she has eaten something and is pooping it should be ok, she said to give her some grass which I did so I will just keep an eye on her.

Thanks everyone.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Not eating hay