Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A No Subject

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Kaitlyn*[ily]*
      Participant
      145 posts Send Private Message

My dad made up his mind today. I’m not allowed to get a rabbit. Since i cant, i probably wont be on here very often, if at all.

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

i’m sorry. i know you were looking forward to this. you are a very intelligent young woman, you are going to be able to do great things, and in 4-8 years when you’re on your own and self-supporting, you can always rescue a bunny or two. i have enjoyed your posts, and there is nothing saying you must have a bunny to stay around. feel free to stick around and learn more about bunny care for when the time is right, or look BB up again when you get a rabbit of your own.

• ScooterandAnnette
          Participant
          1090 posts Send Private Message

what about volunteering with a shelter or rescue organization instead?
            – Annette

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

I know that my whole life I wanted an indoor pet and my parents would never let me have one – so as soon as I graduated from college and was living on my own I got my first bunny. Well now – its two years later and I’ve got 7!! So keep learning about bunnies and you’ll be the best bunny home ever when you have your own place

Also, a friend of mine who is younger and still lives with her parents started volunteering at the Rabbit Sanctuary where I work. When her parents saw how dedicated she was, and what a good job she does at the sanctuary even doing the dirty work like changing dirty papers, they are now seriously considering letting her have a bunny.

If you think about the long term, it might not be best for you to get a bun right now because they can live 10-15 years, so what would your bunny do if you went to college somewhere that you could not bring him or her? Your bun would probably be pretty sad if it had to stay home and your parents didn’t care about him or her as much as you did.

• bigsis7
              Participant
              732 posts Send Private Message

I’m sorry. It can be frustrating when parents don’t seem to understand. I know! I have been trying to get a bunny for a long while (few years), but have not convinced parents yet. Feel free to stay around though! You can learn more and prepare for you future bunny. Maybe your dad will see how much you want one if he hasn’t yet. Other than that parents are very stubborn.

• Deleted User
                Participant
                22064 posts Send Private Message

As a parent, I agree with your Dad … you are young and soon be out with your friends, driving, going to pubs and parties and NEVER home … believe me you will!  And who is then going to look after bun … DAD.  Likewise, my daughter has guinea pigs and generally its Mum who has to clean them out, feed them and care for them when they are ill …take them to the vets and pay the vet bills which are huge.

Maybe when you’re a bit older then you can have full responsibility of looking after a pet of your own.

• skunklionshow
                  Participant
                  1257 posts Send Private Message

I had pets growing up.  I was one of those obnoxiously over-achieving responsible kids (middle child what can I say).  I was regularly exasperated that my mom put more restrictions on me than my older siblings.  I was a much more responsible/ good kid than my 2 older brothers that drank (underage) in the park on weekends (LOSERS).  Anyway, I really wanted to have no one to answer to, so I worked to get a scholarship for college.  I move out for college.  I lived in a dorm the first year and then moved into an apt w/ friends after that.  I worked and went to school and didn’t ask my parents to pay my bills.  I went to college when I was 17, about 4-5 months b/f my 18th b-day.  I am now 38!

I never returned to my parents home.  I’ve had my ups & downs financially & personally, but I never caved to return home.  My parents recently told me how proud they were of me and how dedicated I have been to my dreams/ achievements.  I now have 4 cats, 2 rabbits, 2 geckos, a fish & a snail…oh and a husband!  What I’m trying to say is that even if it doesn’t happen for you now, it will.  I completely agree w/ you taking the steps to make the future you want happen for you….VOLUNTEER for a rescue or shelter.  Keep doing what your doing to continue to show how responsible you are…you’re a good egg, I’m sure…hell you love bunnies!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A No Subject