Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE no more Alex

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • manicbunny
      Participant
      17 posts Send Private Message

I tryed bonding Ryo and Alex again.

for those of you who forgot, i spent over 6 months trying to bond these. took about a 6 month break, and tryed again.

as soon as i put Alex down he ran up to Ryo and started fighting. Fur everywhere. by the time i got them broke up Ryo had to go get her neck glued up

so i did what is best for everyone and re homed Alex. it really did work out for the best. his new owners love him. we keep in contact through email. i hated that it had to come to this, but i cannot care for two rabbits that cannot be out together nearly as well as one. it was killing me to have my rabbits in cages rather than having the run of the house because they cannot be together. i live in a stuido apartment, and it wasnt possible to keep the seperated in diffrent rooms, since i only have one big room.

either way, i miss Alex, but he is happier too

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad you were able to find a wonderful home for Alex.   I know how rough it is to deal with rabbits that really don’t want to bond.   After a certain amount of time, it can just become too stressful for them and it’s  no good for everyone.   

I can’t remember how Ryo and Alex came together in the first place?   I know with my two girls that don’t get along, I did not bunny date them first as I was taking in Bailey because she had some major health issues that needed attention. 

It took me 8 months for them to get along, but Bailey would always end up picking fights and being extremely bossy with Rucy, and it just started causing health issues with Rucy.  After a year, I thought I’d try again, and Rucy was happy to try and bond with Bailey, but Bailey was havin’ non of it, and as soon as I would turn my back she would chomp right into Rucy.  So I finally just gave up and I am lucky to have the room to keep them separated.

Some bunnies are solo bunnies, while others are just picky about their mates.   I don’t know which one they were, but it sounds like it’s better for everyone, and you made sure that Alex had loving owners.  So many people just turn their rabbits into animal care and control where they would be at risk for euthanasia, so I give you big kudos for making sure your bunny was safe and loved!

Though it must be hard because you loved Alex, it must make you feel settled to know he’s a great home, and you can get updates. 

• wendyzski
          Participant
          1312 posts Send Private Message

i know how hard it must have been – I cried when I took Frisco back to the shelter, and I check their petfinder page every week to see of he’s found another home.  But I also live in a small apartment and both buns were soooo stressed out that the shelter agreed that it was best for both of them if Frisco came back to teh shelter and we let Pepper decompress for a while before trying some more dates.

• Sean
            Participant
            33 posts Send Private Message

ya i notice bailley and rucy are seperated lol i wetch them on the cam sumthimes
              and what is bonding? lol

• cookie627
              Participant
              387 posts Send Private Message

oh i’m glad you did the right thing.And found a great home for Alex.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE no more Alex