Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR No flops????

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • Mirpanda
      Participant
      43 posts Send Private Message

So, I’ve recently noticed that when a rabbit flops it means they kinda like fall over.. my buns have never done that.. I mean, they dont like fall over. They just lay down and stretch out. Are they still flopping if they just lay down and stretch out vs. falling over??

• JLH
        Participant
        94 posts Send Private Message

I have had my bun since she was 8 weeks, she is now 16 months. she has only flopped 3 times that I have seen, other than that she just stretches out and kicks her back feet out. you will know when your buns flop if you are in the same room as it looks like they just died, mine did it one time in front of a closet door and when she flopped she hit the door with a loud bang, it didn’t even bother her, I thought she would freak out and run.

• Kiki
          Participant
          205 posts Send Private Message

Indie does both things. She usually eases herself down a bit before full on floppage

• Kiki
            Participant
            205 posts Send Private Message

Your bun is adorable, what is its name ?

• JLH
              Participant
              94 posts Send Private Message

@kiki, her name is Dixie.

• Taloan7
                Participant
                138 posts Send Private Message

My last bun flopped a couple times (first time I honestly thought she died) but my current bun Moonpaw has never flopped. He stretches out and after a while seems to just melt into a happy puddle on the floor.

• joea64
                  Participant
                  1423 posts Send Private Message

My Panda rarely flops – so much so that it’s a photo-worthy occasion when she does. She much prefers bunloafing, and sometimes stretching/rugging out. Fernando is the flopper of the pair.

• sarahthegemini
                    Participant
                    5584 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t call it a flop if they are just laying down stretched out. Having said that, if they are doing that regularly then they must be comfortable so I wouldn’t worry. My female doesn’t flop very often compared to my Peanut who is a serial flopper.

• Mirpanda
                      Participant
                      43 posts Send Private Message

UPDATE: Omg, guys!!! Bugs definitely flopped for the first time just now!! I heard the thunk and everything. That is too cute!!

• Sundae&Rosie
                        Participant
                        11 posts Send Private Message

Man… I have owned like 5 or 6 previous bunnies. And two currently. And I have never ever gotten to see this action without watching other people’s bunnies in videos. I dont know why and it’s sad.. but oh well what can ya do.. my current two only ever stretch out. That’s it! ? maybe some day

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR No flops????