Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums BEHAVIOR No flops????

This topic contains 9sd replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sundae&Rosie 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mirpanda
    Participant

So, I’ve recently noticed that when a rabbit flops it means they kinda like fall over.. my buns have never done that.. I mean, they dont like fall over. They just lay down and stretch out. Are they still flopping if they just lay down and stretch out vs. falling over??

JLH
    Participant

I have had my bun since she was 8 weeks, she is now 16 months. she has only flopped 3 times that I have seen, other than that she just stretches out and kicks her back feet out. you will know when your buns flop if you are in the same room as it looks like they just died, mine did it one time in front of a closet door and when she flopped she hit the door with a loud bang, it didn’t even bother her, I thought she would freak out and run.

Kiki
    Participant

Indie does both things. She usually eases herself down a bit before full on floppage

Kiki
    Participant

Your bun is adorable, what is its name ?

JLH
    Participant

@kiki, her name is Dixie.

Taloan7
    Participant

My last bun flopped a couple times (first time I honestly thought she died) but my current bun Moonpaw has never flopped. He stretches out and after a while seems to just melt into a happy puddle on the floor.

joea64
    Participant

My Panda rarely flops – so much so that it’s a photo-worthy occasion when she does. She much prefers bunloafing, and sometimes stretching/rugging out. Fernando is the flopper of the pair.

sarahthegemini
    Participant

I wouldn’t call it a flop if they are just laying down stretched out. Having said that, if they are doing that regularly then they must be comfortable so I wouldn’t worry. My female doesn’t flop very often compared to my Peanut who is a serial flopper.

Mirpanda
    Participant

UPDATE: Omg, guys!!! Bugs definitely flopped for the first time just now!! I heard the thunk and everything. That is too cute!!

Sundae&Rosie
    Participant

Man… I have owned like 5 or 6 previous bunnies. And two currently. And I have never ever gotten to see this action without watching other people’s bunnies in videos. I dont know why and it’s sad.. but oh well what can ya do.. my current two only ever stretch out. That’s it! ? maybe some day

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.