Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A NIC or Pen?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • msarro
      Participant
      119 posts Send Private Message

Just curious, I found organize-it cubes at target but they’ll end up being about 19.99+tax per box. I also called the local pet store and they have 30″ exercise pens for small animals for 79$ + tax.

I’m just trying to get an idea of which would be a better choice to make a pen for Layla? I know the cubes will let me change things around, but I’d hate to drop almost the same amount of cash and get a fraction of the space out of it that I’d get with the pen. I’ll be checking the pen’s out after work.

How big of an exercise pen would I be able to put together with 3 boxes of NIC cubes? They’ll be getting set up as a pen so Layla can run around without as much supervision around her cage.

• TARM
        Participant
        1253 posts Send Private Message

If you’re just going to make a pen out of it and not a cage I would go with the pen. I personally think they’re sturdier though you’ll probably want to go with a 36′ pen. My itty bitty babies can already jump 24 inches.

• msarro
          Participant
          119 posts Send Private Message

Sadly all they offer are 24″ and 30″. Layla hasn’t been so much of a high jumper so far as she has been a distance jumper. That doesn’t mean she can’t jump it I suppose, she just has never had the opportunity.

I’m sure I can improvise some kind of roof for it though. The nice thing about a pen is I think I can figure out a way to incorporate it to the NIC cubes in the future.

• TARM
            Participant
            1253 posts Send Private Message

Go to Petedge.com. They sell stuff cheaper than you’ll find it in pet stores, though I don’t know how much shipping will be.

• BunMumTiff
              Participant
              241 posts Send Private Message

I went to Petsmart last night as I was wondering the same thing. I ended up buying a Pen and it is a fair size and pretty high too. Good thing about the pen I got is a crate coulde be attached as it has a door but also they sel roofs for it. Either metal, fibre or a sunshade which is UV protective also.

Oreo has been in this pen for over 6 hours an seems to love it.

I will be gettin cubes just to bock off areas she i not allowed near when she s out in the living room

• MarkBun
                Participant
                2842 posts Send Private Message

Check craigslist for “wire cube” and you’ll come across them. I was lucky and found 100 of the cube pieces for $50. Most of them are at least half price no tax.

• GHbun
                  Participant
                  158 posts Send Private Message

You can also go to Store Supply Warehouse at storesupply.com. Look at page 65 of the catalog. The wire grids, plastic shelf liners, and accessories can all be purchased per piece.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A NIC or Pen?