Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A NIC cube bottoms

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnytowne
      Participant
      7537 posts Send Private Message

what do you use for bottoms of nic cubes. I have plastic containers but they are too big to too small none just right. I don’t want a wood floor cuz if they urinate on it will stink

• MarkBun
        Participant
        2842 posts Send Private Message

Well since my buns use only the litter pan, I am using a natural fiber jute rug as my bottom. I know many people use the office plastic floormats for wheelie chairs.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

Hi bunnytowne! Are you talking about underneath the cage or inside on the different levels? I bought some thin pressboard, cut to size then stuck linoleum tile to it to make it rigis and easy to clean, others use a scrap piece of linoleum, coroplast (that is basically plastic cardboard used for sign making), regular cardboard, ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tiles, remenant pieces of carpet, plastic placemats, seagrass mats etc. The possiblilties are just about endless.

Some places to look are your local home improvement store, tile store in the scrap bins and the places I’ve had the best luck – rememnant carpet places/carpet outlet stores and dollar stores.

• JodiM
            Participant
            99 posts Send Private Message

My hubby brought home a large board of MDF is what it’s called from work and we stuck those peel and stick tiles to that and it’s great, wipe’s clean. On top of that I just have a cheap area rug that I can pull out, vaccum or shake off.

Here is a pic when I first started the cage, before I figured out shelves.

152143247571.jpg

• BBMommy
              Participant
              57 posts Send Private Message

In Brownie’s NIC condo, I use a 24×48 plastic replacement dog kennel pan. It works great! I then have a washable indoor outdoor rug covering that. Works like a chamr!
                Kim

• skunklionshow
                Participant
                1257 posts Send Private Message

I cover the NIC panel floors w/ cardboard and rag rugs on top. I run the rugs in the washer if they get gross, else just a quick vacuum.  My litterbox floor is cardboard covered in newspaper, except in the big litterbox area, there I have a wee wee pad underneath the litterbox.  When Leo gets bored, he pulls the weaves out of the rag rug, so it serves multiple purposes.

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A NIC cube bottoms