Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE NIC condo flooring

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    • NickiM
      Participant
      66 posts Send Private Message

I made my bunny a nic condo and it was holding up perfectly fine for the last 6 months but he figured out he can rip up the vinyl flooring. Everywhere I look it suggest the plastic stuff for flooring but no places by us carry it (i checked home depot). Im afraid tile will be to heavy and expensive. Any suggustions thanks

• RabbitPam
        11002 posts Send Private Message

A lot of people use coroplast, which is what many signs are made out of. They can come in squares or very large sheets that make a good cage bottom. They can be hard to find, so you might try your yellow pages for local sign making companies and call to see if any are selling it. I had once found a guy who sold squares on line, but he’s gone now. There’s someone on ebay selling guinea pig cages with coroplast bottoms, so they might respond to an email requesting just the coroplast.

• skibunny8503
          Participant
          1338 posts Send Private Message

I found coroplast at Pakatans (sp?) but I think that’s just a local place by us….it’s like a Michaels. So maybe try a craft store like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. On Sandy’s cage we didn’t have anymore coroplast so we actually used cardboard (not good if they pee on it but she’s pretty good about using the litter box). You’ll have to replace it every once in awhile because they’ll chew it up. I love the coroplast though, easy to clean.

• jerseygirl
            22345 posts Send Private Message

Vinyl again but cover in sea grass mats? On the base level you could make the vinyl piece bigger so the edges are on the outside of the condo rather than the inside maybe?  Or use adhesive vinyl tiles.

• Beka27
              Participant
              16016 posts Send Private Message

Vinyl might not be strong enough. It works well for some bunnies, they leave it alone… You could try a tarp… if you have a platform, the peel and stick tiles are very cheap and easy to clean.

• della luna
                Participant
                30 posts Send Private Message

I came across these panels: http://www.amazon.com/Storage-Solut…amp;sr=8-6  this morning.  Does anyone think that they would work for flooring in a NIC cage?

• Nat
                  Participant
                  54 posts Send Private Message

I would use coroplast. Like another said, try Michaels Arts and Crafts Store. I would be surprised if they didn’t have it… call me crazy but maybe Home Depot or something?

PS- Hey, della luna. Its meee, Nat Loves Rats of GooseMoose. Are you della luna of GM?

• della luna
                    Participant
                    30 posts Send Private Message

^ yes indeed I am! Hey Nat!

• MooBunnay
                      Participant
                      3087 posts Send Private Message

I use those peel and stick vinyl floorboards that Beka was talking about, I got them from Home Depot and they were not very expensive. We put rugs on top of the floorboards, however, if your bunnies like to chew you will probably want to put seagrass on top of the mats. Also, are they pulling up the vinyl in the corners of the cage? If so, you could just buy a couple tiles and put them in the corners where they like to chew.

• jerseygirl
                        22345 posts Send Private Message

If so, you could just buy a couple tiles and put them in the corners where they like to chew.

Oh yeah! That would be the simplest thing. Good thinking!

Della Luna, that product looks good. I wonder if the panel sizes could be used with the normal NIC cube grid panels. That could work for flooring provided the levels were supported with wood dowel. My only concern is if a panel cracked and exposed sharp edges, but if it’s covered in rugs or some other material, this may be remedied. Since you were looking at these, does this mean you are keeping the bunny you found?!!!!!

• NickiM
                          Participant
                          66 posts Send Private Message

thanks 

I’m gunna try coroplast I checked arts and craft stores, home depot, and costco on their websites but they didn’t have it so I think I will have it shipped. Does anyone reccomend a website or something?

• kralspace
                            Participant
                            2663 posts Send Private Message

Sign shops use clorophast (sp) to print signs on, mine will even cut it down for me if they’re not busy because it comes in a huge sheet.

Tell them what you’re using it for so they don’t think you’re a competitor doing signwork…lol. The lady at the shop I use says they have guinea pig people come in quite often for it.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE NIC condo flooring