Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Newton’s Poo..??? Help anyone seen this?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
    • Deannaline
      Participant
      67 posts Send Private Message

Anyone ever seen this.. this is the second time I have…(this is like one poo).. of 30 small poo’s… wet.. and all stuck together…  I pulled it out of the litterbox and put it on the carpet to take a pic…    should I be worried.. Newton is the one who does not do his business in his cage.. waits till I let him out.. and goes in the litterbox in the recroom…    so many of you said that is way to weird.. should I scoop this back up and take it to the vet?????  HELP!

• usagi
        Participant
        216 posts Send Private Message

aren’t those the kind that he is supposed to eat – the cecal droppings?

has the bun been recently moved or stressed out? lemony did this a bit when he first came home, but then regulated himself.

a few articles on HRS seem to correlate an abundance of cecal stools to a carb overload in the diet, with a relative fiber deficiency. This could happen due to overfeeding of pellets in relation to hay – so the experts say.

Does anyone with more experience know more about this?

• Deannaline
          Participant

I have been not giving the treats he loves since been on this site………… people telling me NO!, celereal, no graham squares.. etc.. and only giving him hay and pellets.. and well.. now I go weird pooo’s.. that pic.. is not a normal bun poo.. ugh.. scaring me.

• jerseygirl
            22342 posts Send Private Message

They are cecals or cecotrophes. A perfect example actually! These are the ones that they eat in order to get important vitamins and nutrients. It’s not really poo. He may come back to eat them. If not, he may be making too many which can sometimes happen when the diet is a bit off. Like too much protein etc. Don’t worry, this is perfectly normal to produce these – but usually we don’t see them as they eat them straight away.

• usagi
              Participant

See, perfectly normal! No worries! He will probably regulate soon enough.

• RabbitPam
                11002 posts Send Private Message

Excellent pix. ;0
                  Not in the mood for my breakfast now, somehow, but Samantha is drooling…

• Sani
                  Participant
                  143 posts Send Private Message

that is the shiniest poo ever

• Deannaline
                    Participant

Thank you all for the re-assurance. He poo’d normal today. I have seen him eat the normal poo.. never this.. yuk..

• Deleted User
                      Participant
                      22064 posts Send Private Message

But if you keep seeing the cecels or start seeing a lot, you might want to have him looked at by a vet. Eating the cecels is very important for your bunny’s nutrition…even though quite yucky!

• Deannaline
                        Participant

Oh my god.. Guess what…!!!!
                          Newton Poo’ed in his cage.. and I do mean Poo’ed.. and pissed..

I had put a pillow on the second level about 5 days ago for him to lay on…
                          He was out at 6:30 AM and 12:30 PM today…. doing his business outside the cage….
                          Well I just went in and checked on him, and holy crap.. Poo all over that pillow, and he pee’d on it… about 40 turds…
                          First time I seen Poo in his cage ever and all over ….. Never !!.. what the hell.. he must have had to really go.. lol

So I pulled the pillow out.. and put the litterbox up on that level where the pillow was. I don’t think he ever laid on it anyway.. He seems to lay on the top level all the time. Well that is where the box was going to have to go when I move Nalla from the small cage to the big cage on the bottom. I plan to give Newton the 2 top levels.. and her the bottom till I am sure.. things will be fine. That is like weeks down the road..

But wow.. Never seen this.. I plan to let him out one more time tonight. Clean the box in his cage and see if he does any thing in it over night.

Even when Newton was in the store bought small cage… he always went in his box.. Cleanest Creature ever..
                          This is a new thing for my Newt’s..

• Minty
                          Participant
                          338 posts Send Private Message

These look different from the cecals I’ve seen… not as bunched together. Like this:

I guess every bun’s different!

• jerseygirl

Oh my! Shows how sad and rabbit-obsessed I’ve become that I’m admiring pictures of cecals. lol

• Lintini
                              Participant
                              3329 posts Send Private Message

Lol I don’t know why I looked at this thread while I was eating a cheese stick rofl! *blechhh*

• Karla
                                Participant
                                1624 posts Send Private Message

I love this forum Where else do you actuallly by your own will read about somebody else’s poo. LOL. We are such weird people…

• Beka27
                                  Participant
                                  16016 posts Send Private Message

That is a beautiful picture of cecal droppings!!!

• jerseygirl

Lol ^ Another admirer !

We should ask BB to create a Gallery for them. It could be named the “See Cool Cecals” gallery. *groan*

• RabbitPam
                                      11002 posts Send Private Message

Jersey…. Beka….*worries about you both*

Deannaline, he actually should be eating the cecals and not the regular poo. If he is going outside his litter box and is normally a clean bunny, you might get him a check up with the vet. It could be a reaction to his habitat changes that you’re making. but if it’s medical, it would be good to catch it early. Maybe call the vet for an appointment for next Monday or Tuesday, with the understanding that if he gets back to normal totally, you might be canceling.

I know that when I switched litter on Sammy, she went outside her box and kicked it all around. The minute I tried a different litter that she approved of, she was back to normal. They cant’ talk, so they communicate in strange mime sort of ways.

(photo gallery of poos right next to the shedding fur photos. Call CNN, we have a winner…Jersey and Beka.)

• Deannaline
                                        Participant

(SullysMum poo…… ) Well Newton’s Poo was intack just like that one…. the second pic of poo by SullysMum.. I pulled it out of the box to take the pic – some fell apart, but- It looked just like her pic… I just had such a close up shot.. god the colour of the carpet was so amazing.. lol… His poo has been normal since.. but did see him eat a normal poo today.. Little bugger he is.. comes out of the condo .. spends say 8 mins in the outside of the cage littlerbox, then gets on my couch (top back of it) and lays out another 20 turds… if I do not let him on the couch, no turds no where but the box.. but he sure loves to poo on the back of my couch down the back. Sounds so disgusting.. but I pull the couch out from the wall, let the Newt’s (poo) fall down to the floor…. then Vacume every 3 days.. Newt’s …cling, clang, up that vacume hose.. good thing I it is the basement rec room and I luv my buns even though.. If it was pee.. It would be a hole new ball game.. No NEWTON ON MY COUCH..
                                          I just enjoy that he comes up to see me…

• usagi
                                          Participant

Well, Newton looks pretty irresistable! So Cute! I love that we can converse about our babies’ poo on here – no one else gets it when I start talking about how beautiful Lemony’s poos looked this morning. You know, when they are perfectly formed?

• Deannaline
                                            Participant

I luv your Lemonbun.. I luv the colours….

See this page for latest on Newton..   https://binkybunny.com/FORUM/tab…fault.aspx

• Lunar~Atticus
                                              Participant
                                              209 posts Send Private Message

oh i must say i was quite mesmerized by the VERY nice pics of the poo!!!! glad i finished my puffs cereal!!! LMAO

• Nibbles_NZ
                                                Participant
                                                751 posts Send Private Message

I’ve seen those poos in my buns cage. I googled them and was completely grossed out! I guess it makes sense though. They need thier vitamins and can’t always get them in the wild. I haven’t seen my bun eat them at all though. I give him vitamins in his water. Is this normal that he doesn’t eat them? I’ve even kept my eye on him to see if he is eating them…I don’t think so.

• Deannaline
                                                  Participant

Hey.. Nibbles.. From what I have read on here.. we do not get the chance normally to see them.. they eat them up right away.. I did see some today.. Newton loves to poo on the back of my couch.. and seen two to of them. My pic was a close up Magnified shot.. the other one was how they really look..
                                                    Nibbles is so cute.. young — I bet.. ahh

• Barbie
                                                    Participant
                                                    1581 posts Send Private Message

Nibbles.. I believe your question about the vitamins in the water was answered else where, but I just want to say that no, they do not need vitamin supplements as long as they are getting hay and plenty of fresh leafy greens (but for babies, veggies should be introduced slowly and not until the bunny is a few months old). Also, a high quality pellet in limited ammounts should have any vitamins/minerals that the bunnies need but don’t otherwise get from the veggies.

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Newton’s Poo..??? Help anyone seen this?