Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New way to fix toys to cage

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • ADEE
      Participant
      499 posts Send Private Message

I have been picking up rabbit toys for what feels like forever. Many of Rains toys are kept in a bowl and she brings them out, drops them all down the levels to the bottom and of course being the silly rabbit slave I am picks them back up for her. I have found zip tying the toys to the side of the cage gives her more leverage to chew the toys, of course this means she is going to be going through toys faster but it also means shes getting a chance to really wear her teeth down. She still has a huge bowl of toys but has 7 different types of toys (not counting treats) zip tied to the cage.. thought i would share a picture of what im talking about. If someone has already done this please excuse the silly post but i thought it was a good idea for those who havnt thought of it.. as she knaws down the pet approved blocks you can turn them to the next side ensuring your getting the most use out of them Rain has been really good about not chewing the zip ties either!!

and of course an update on what the cage looks like now, sorry its on a bit of an angle

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

that’s an awesome idea. do you leave some of them loose in case likes to push or scoot them around?

• ADEE
          Participant

yes, she has a whole bowl of toys still jingle balls, blocks, little people animals, exc.. i swear this rabbit has WAY too many toys hahaha

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

thats a good idea.

• Moonlight_Wolf
              Participant
              1155 posts Send Private Message

Wow I really like that idea, and if Rain does not chew the zip ties then Fern probably won’t either because she is not much of a chewer.

• ADEE
                Participant

im glad you like the idea!!! Rain is a chewer but shows little interest in the zip ties (now of course shes going to totally destroy them hahaha)

make sure you dont tighten the zip ties until the blocks are between the bars, otherwise you wont be able to turn them I try to be as frugal as i can be with those zip ties because home depot is a waize away and our target only has them on occassions. Get creative! I would love to see some things everyone else can do with toys!! Im forever trying to give Rain (and now Abbie) things to do to keep them busy!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                  Participant
                  12067 posts Send Private Message

Have to thank you for this…I bought salt licks for the buns at the shelter and had no idea how to hang them since I bought bulk and they didn’t come with metal clips…then I remembered-Zipties!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New way to fix toys to cage