Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A New set up

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • auntie
      Participant
      91 posts Send Private Message

I just moved my bunnies inside and they have a new cage. They are set up exactly the same. They are neutered and litter box trained

for some reason one of my bunnies seem to be peeing out of the litter box

any ideas?

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Sometimes a change in location triggers the bun to decide they want their litter box in a new area, or they temporarily mark the area. If the peeing outside the box continues, try moving the litter box to that area. 🙂

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Wick & Fable
          5781 posts Send Private Message

Agreed that the change in environment likely caused it — overtime, it should dissipate. Generally any rabbit, regardless of fixed status, will do some marking here or there in a new environment. Even though the layout is the same, the sounds and smell of the environment are very different.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• auntie
            Participant

Thank you! I figured out what was causing my rabbit to pee outside his litter box.

I tried something new . I had a corner litter box then their original litter box. I eliminated the hay bin because I was trying to avoid hay getting on my floor. So I put hay in the litter box and when my bunny would eat it his but was facing out of the litter box.

when I put the hay bin on the cage and removed the corner litter box he stopped peeing out of the box.

I read that it can take 2 days-2weeks for a bunny to get acclimated to a new environment.
              they have come out of their cage but they go right back in.

they love their cage and they sleep in for litter box and love to stretch out on their blanket.

my other rabbit which is kinda chubby went through the baby gate bars he got his but stuck for a second. I was right there when he did it which I couldn’t believe he fit through.

would wire mess against the bars work

• DanaNM

Glad you sorted out the litter issues! Yes it can take some time for them to really come out and explore, it’s good they feel safe in their cage. 🙂 Adding some hides around the room and giving them a chance to explore when it’s calm, quiet, and dimly lit will also encourage exploring.

I have used NIC cubes attached to the baby gate to reinforce it. Wire mesh would work to, just be sure there’s no sharp pokey bits.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• auntie
                Participant

Okay thank you 😊

• auntie
                  Participant

I noticed that my grey bunnies ears on the inside are turning white is this due to the transition from being outside in the cold to now being inside? Other than that he is his normal self

• DanaNM

Yes it’s very normal for the ears (as well as the nose, tail, and paws) to get lighter when it’s warmer!

• auntie
                      Participant

Thank you

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A New set up