Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR new member of the “peed on couch” club

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lo
      Participant
      56 posts Send Private Message

I’m not going to lie, I’ve read about other peoples troubles with their buns peeing on couches and beds and always though “good GOD I’m glad my guys know better than to do that”

untill last night

I moved a futon into the bunny play room so I could hang out for longer periods of time with them, and it had been going really well. Anna had flopped down with me a few times and I thought she was getting to be more friendly.  So last night she hopped up with me while I was reading. I stroked her ears a few times (that’s all the touching she will tollerate) then went back to my book. Two seconds later I look over and she’s taken off leaving a HUGE puddle of pee behind!!!!

I want them to come up on the futon and relax, but I guess I need to remind her that it’s MY futon – not hers

I’m not sure who it was that mentioned putting a shower curtain on their bed to protect it but I think I’ll try that method.  I love my little guys but it’s a constant challenge to stay one step ahead of them!!

136531921571.jpg

• JK
        Participant
        2223 posts Send Private Message

Oh my I guess I won’t be bringing a bean bag chair into Edson’s room! I was actually thinking the exact same things as you. I was thinking I should bring something comfortable to sit on so I could spend more time on the floor with Edson. But I guess NOT!

• babybunsmum
          Participant
          3896 posts Send Private Message

lol.  welcome to the club!  baby has peed on my living room couch but fortunately i had a sheet spread on it which soaked up the puddle nicely. 

in pinky’s room is a long hand-me-down couch that has been affectionately (or not) dubbed ‘the pee couch’ because my mom’s old cat peed on the cushions several times requiring quite an extensive clean up process.  this was years ago (15 years maybe?) and the mees has been long cleaned up but the name lingers.  its quite clean & pee-smell-free.  i swear.  anyways… the couch took forever to get into the room due to its enormous size – at one point it was tilted & stuck partly in the doorway blocking the hall & i was trapped behind it without access to the bathroom, kitchen or phone thinking i needed a rescue.  but after several running shoves i managed to un-wedge it.  needless to say, that couch is NOT coming out.   and pinky had taken to digging furiously on it & dropping the odd bb, so i figured a nice puddle was coming & decided to block it off from her when she has free-roam time.  no need to perpetuate the ‘pee-couch’!

good luck with the shower curtain method!  let us know how it works out.

• babybunsmum
            Participant
            3896 posts Send Private Message

ps… i like your bun shelf   very cute!

• Sage Cat
              Participant
              1883 posts Send Private Message

“Your” futon! I mean heck, it is in “Their” play room – he, he, he.

• bunnytowne
                Participant
                7537 posts Send Private Message

yes I  have an extremely large heavy couch like that too. shove and wiggle and shove some more oh my. yes darn rabbits eeek I blocked my couch off but he still got my bean bag stoll agh.COTTON!!!!!

• jellyrose
                  Participant
                  111 posts Send Private Message

Ah… welcome to the club! mine have only just started doing it but now they wont stop!!!!!!!!!!!! pee is mostly on my cream carpet (why, oh why do bunnies have orange pee?!) and nicely sprayed up the side of the couch! Oh well, they were only from a thrift store ($60 for 2 sofas!) and 1 year later are still only temps until the bf and i can agree on new ones! Any ideas on how to get radioactive orange pee out of cream carpet?

• MooBunnay
                    Participant
                    3087 posts Send Private Message

Ah, the peed on couch. I think the shower curtain is a great idea, I use that on my bed because sometimes the buns like to pee on my bed during the day (my theory is they just get to lazy to get down to the litterbox!) There are two different things that I use to remove pee stains. First of all, white vinegar is a great help in removing the stains. Secondly, I bought this maching called a “Little Green” by Bissell, its like a mini carpet stain remover, it works pretty well, but I don’t really know what kind of chemicals are in it, so I only use it for spot treatment on my carpet, and never for cleaning the cages. When it comes to the cages, I just use the white vinegar and it works really well.

• Lo
                      Participant
                      56 posts Send Private Message

babybunsmom – that’s anna’s spot to relax when she’s at their babysitters. They hang out in her sewing room and love exploring all the storage cupboards and racks

sage cat- too funny I never though of it that way! lol

I threw a couple of those plastic-like reusable grocery bags on the futon and this seems to have solved the problem for now… I’m sure something new will come up this week tho !

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR new member of the “peed on couch” club