Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE New here

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • Scarlet_Rose
      Participant
      4293 posts Send Private Message

Hello I’m new here, well sort of, but was looking forward to seeing how this site has progressed and was so glad when I Googled it to find it still here after all this time! Congrats on being over a year! Anyway, I suppose I should talk about my spoiled royalty (read rabbits), they have their 3 story huge condo made from Neat Idea Cubes with granite tile and carpeting for their royal sleeping chambers, two hay boxes and two water bowls but only *gasp* ONE litter box that they are forced to share.  I am almost certain that they have a cell phone tucked away with PETA on speed dial as I swear I’ve seen some funny business when I delay in getting them their nightly banana after dinner. Oh yes, the abuse that they suffer through terribly.

I adopted Bonsai and Daffodil aka Cassanova and Cleopatra from the House Rabbit Society back in, oh lordy about 4 or 5 years ago now.  No one wanted them because like any bunny, they have their own personalities and were "too big" "too plain" and "too aloof" for even any of the kind-hearted souls at the HRS who came to adopt.  Granted they are who they are, I still love them to pieces and they have pristine litter box habits and while they like to keep their distance they get their run of the kitchen and their fair share of a good life that they missed before.  That’s just a little snapshot if you will of their life.  Me, I just enjoy having them around for as long as I can.

The photo with my profile is a pic of them. Bonsai is all black and Daffodil is whits with gray marks.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
        Participant
        2517 posts Send Private Message

They’re cuties! I’m glad you had the heart to adopt them!

• BinkyBunny
          8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Scarlett Rose!!  Their Royal Chambers seem divine!  You’ll have to post a picture.

So out of curiosity, will they actually share the litterbox.  Sometimes Jack will share with Rucy when he wants to do his business, but most of the time if she’s in there, he’ll give her a few nudges to move her out.

• Scarlet_Rose
            Participant

Thank you both for the kind comments! I love my fluffy furballs.Sometimes they share their litterbox, it is quite huge since they are rounding the scale at 9 pounds of fluffy furbuttness. LOL Bonsai with give a little nudge and Daffodil the same when some "privacy in the privvy" is required.  I’ll have to figure out how to post pictures here….well darn it, the pictures are too big of files, I’ll need to do some editing first and then post. : )

• BinkyBunny

bumping up to prevent this post from getting buried so others will come by and give you a warm welcome.

Regarding the photos, it’s not shrinking the down automatically? Poop! Well, if you’re having any troubles you can email them to me, and I can help you out.

Also, others may be able to help you out as there are actually two different ways to upload pictures.

• ubergoober
                Participant
                71 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to Binky Bunny!  Its such a wonderful site and very helpful 

• osprey
                  Participant
                  2065 posts Send Private Message

Welcome to BinkBunny scarlet_rose, and yay for big bunnies!

• Gravehearted
                    Participant
                    2428 posts Send Private Message

welcome welcome! it sounds like your buns have lots of personality and have you well trained 🙂

• Scarlet_Rose
                      Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! = : ) I love my larger breed bunnies too!

• Scarlet_Rose
                        Participant

Thank you Binkybunny, I’m going to try and fix them first and I don’t think that they will even go via e-mail (files are too big).  If I need more help I’ll go post in the technical assitance folder.

• Scarlet_Rose
                          Participant

Ok here is my bunny cage!

1712592929071.jpg

• BinkyBunny

Nice Cage! If you send me the photo, I can put it in the habitat gallery. Don’t worry about resizing it. I’ll do it.

• Scarlet_Rose
                              Participant

Thank you! I sure will! I actually edited, cropped and saved it in a smaller format more web-friendly and it did just fine. You may still need to adjust it though. : )

• Gravehearted
                                Participant

ooo very swanky condo – love all the ramps!

• Scarlet_Rose
                                  Participant

Thank you!!! Yes, orginally I left the ramps out and they hopped up just fine on their own, but my concern with their age prompted me to make the ramps.  I experimented with the angle as well quite a bit, and the nerd in me kicked in, I used a protractor as well and tried to think like a bunny plus of course my two were the final deciders.  Any steeper of a ramp and it was uncomfortable for them, any lower and they just hopped from the floor up. They actually are not that wide at 7 inches and only 28 inches long. I used plain old carpet tape and cut some carpet and stuck it on them then used plain old cup hooks zip-tied for stability to hook them onto the floor above and there they have remained. The ramps are custom made for my big beauties of 9 pounds in case you want to make your own, keep the measurements in mind.

I do have a funny story about the bottom ramp though, every once in a while I catch them in the act, they actually slide their butt sideways on the ramp to go down and hop into their litterbox! OMG It is the FUNNIST thing and impossible to film too!  I call it the electric bunny butt slide.

I thought for sure those two buggers would rip and tear at the carpet, but they did not.  I bought some fairly expensive aluminum corner cover that you use for laying carpeting and you reach the end of the stair or a step down.  Instead I ended up using them on some particle board I covered with carpet that is on the second level.  They love to dig at it. 

The Neat Idea Cube cage was a real challenge structurally and I used scads of zip-ties to secure everything and shift things here & there until I got it just right for them.  Of ourse I did this over the winter LOL Oh yes, the plastic connectors are just there to stabilize everything and keep it in place.  I’ve got access doors in safe non-caving in areas (Guess how I found that out?) I’ve learned to watch for the bowing when making the NIC (Neat Idea Cube) home.

I cut some long pieces of thin board (can’t think of the name of it right now) on the table saw, GO ME! That power tool thing was quite a rush, anyway, stuck vinyl tile on it to put on the floors as my base (easy to clean too) then added granite tile to stay cool (turned upside down of course for traction), a blanket in the winter or some plastic grate with small holes.  For some reason my two love a variety of textures to hop on.

It was a monster to work on, but they ADORE it and I love that they like it so much.  It’s an upgrade from the dog cage condo they had before.

• Gravehearted
                                    Participant

you really did a wonderful job, i love the electric butt slide! 😉
                                      my kids have an nic condo too, but they don’t have any ramps. it sounds like your buns are very much appreciating all the work you put into their house!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE New here