Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New Enrichment?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • MountainBuns
      Participant
      513 posts Send Private Message

So my bunny Caroline is not the type of bunny who likes to run and hop all day round. She spends a lot of time sleeping and the rest of the time she is eating or doing something. She does get a little exercise from hopping for food, jumping on my bed, exploring my laptop, binkying/zoomies and greeting people. She has toys and since she likes food I give her Oxbow timothy twists which is basically braided hay, but I am worrying she needs more exercise. 

My mom says she will give me money to buy something for her. Any suggestions? I want to get something that will keep her busy, last time I bought her a willow ball and she destroyed it withing minutes! She also is not very fond of small pieces of wood like little sticks we buy from the pet-store. She needs something to keep her busy, to wear her teeth down and to give her some exercise. Whatever you suggest please leave the link, Please and Thank You!

• Muchelle
        Participant
        1141 posts Send Private Message

My bun (super lazy) loves his treat ball and his logic game they involve food, so maybe also Caroline may like them?
          Links for products I am using:
          ball: http://www.zooplus.it/shop/roditori_piccoli_animali/giochi_trasporto_roditori_conigli/giochi_furetti/98739
          logic game: http://www.zooplus.it/shop/cani/giochi_sport/occupazione/giochi_occupazione_cani/347554

• MountainBuns
          Participant

Thank you for your suggestions but I forgot to mention I live in the U.S so some of these I may not be able to obtain. Thank you, though!

• Muchelle
            Participant
            1141 posts Send Private Message

I’m sure there are other brands that make these, they’re very popular with dogs. I wouldn’t know how to perfectly describe them, so I just slapped the links there I do remember seeing the Trixie game on Amazon.com, though.

Anyway,I fill them with pressed hay pellets and K entertains himself for a while.

• MountainBuns
              Participant

Does anyone know anything from the BinkyBunny store?

• Luna
                Participant
                2219 posts Send Private Message

Posted By Muchelle on 3/03/2018 12:20 PM

I’m sure there are other brands that make these, they’re very popular with dogs. I wouldn’t know how to perfectly describe them, so I just slapped the links there I do remember seeing the Trixie game on Amazon.com, though.

Anyway,I fill them with pressed hay pellets and K entertains himself for a while.

Luna has that one! (the U.S. version) She goes absolutely nuts. 

https://www.amazon.com/Snack-Ball-Diameter-7-cm/dp/B0009586P2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520359596&sr=8-1&keywords=trixie+treat+ball&dpID=41RHgXodaoL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

• MountainBuns
                  Participant

I will look into buying one. I also wanted to know what beds you guys use for your bunnies. My bunny is free range but she likes to rest on the floor. It is a carpet but it is not very soft. I am worried it could give her back, neck and hip problems. She does not really like blankets. Any suggestions?

• OverthinkingBun
                    Participant
                    169 posts Send Private Message

For a bed, I got a piece of fake sheepskin and my bunny like to sleep on that, and also play with it. I originally put it in a basket, for a better bed, but she seems to like to play with the basket and sheepskin separately. I don’t know about back problems in rabbits, but I do know that humans are far more prone to that than other animals, because of being bipedal. So much pressure on our spines that most animals don’t have to deal with So this is one case where you might not want to project – she’s probably fine.

It’s hard to say what your bunny would like, but has she tried a tunnel-type toy? Mine loves everything about tunnels.

• MountainBuns
                      Participant

I think I will try the tunnels. Thank you for reassuring me about the bed. I think I will buy a fleece blanket just to put on the floor. What brand of tunnels did you buy? Do you have a link to the website where you buy them . Please and Thank You!

• Wick & Fable
                        5781 posts Send Private Message

Pellet ball? It’s free to make and you can reuse it!

http://www.instagram.com/p/BgJD60YB9RM/

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• MountainBuns
                          Participant

Oh that’s a nice idea! Thanks for sharing!

• Luna
                            Participant
                            2219 posts Send Private Message

• caillou
                              Participant
                              112 posts Send Private Message

I have the iKea doll bed for Alfie, I put a few fleece blankets on it and he likes to hang out all day on it. I live in the US too and a toy that my bun loves is the Teach n Treat by Living World. The levels aren’t too difficult, but it keeps him entertained and slows down him inhaling pellets. I also get a lot of toys off of Etsy. Some of my favorite sellers are Bunderland and ButtercupBunBoutique. I will also second that tunnels are great for exercise, my bun might be the laziest ever but he’ll always zoom through his tunnel when I put it out for him!

• OverthinkingBun
                                Participant

Yeah, I just got the tunnels from pet stores (in US). My bunny and I like the one she is sitting next to in my profile pic. She really liked one coated with alfalfa, but I had to throw it away when she started swallowing the cardboard underneath, too. The wood ones are sturdy enough for rabbits to sit on (weird?) and rough enough for them to want to chew. It’s all purpose rabbit furniture, since she exercises around it, stands on it, and sleeps under it

• MountainBuns
                                  Participant

Rabbits can have nibbles on cardboard. I give mine cardboard toys all the time. As long as they do not eat to much its fine.

Also please leave the link, those tunnles sound great!

• OverthinkingBun
                                    Participant

https://www.amazon.com/Kaytee-Tropical-Fiddle-Sticks-Hideout/dp/B000HHO26E/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1520997725&sr=8-8&keywords=pet+rabbit+toy+logs

You can buy this at a lot of stores – this is just one example so you can see the product.

Rabbits can have nibbles on cardboard. I give mine cardboard toys all the time. As long as they do not eat to much its fine.

Sure, that’s true. But when my rabbit was growing she went through a billy goat phase where she started eating large amounts of the cardboard and paper toys I gave her. It interfered with her eating real food and she actually lost weight. Apparently most buns don’t do that, but mine did for whatever reason. I got rid of all her access to cardboard at the time. We are working our way up to her being trusted around cardboard again, now that she has better eating habits

• MountainBuns
                                      Participant

Oh, sorry to hear. Maybe she thought the cardboard was tasty, lol?

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New Enrichment?