Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New cage layout

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunster360
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

I’m really liking this! I took out the bottom bunk of the bunk bed and turned it into the rabbit space. Its obviously open as she can free roam the space. She loves her loft so I wanted to keep that for her. It had a human pillow that she nests in. I used the bottom pan of a cage as a large lotterbox/kitchen area so the poo and pee is extra contained. This has worked great while having litter and hay within it as well. As you can see, my dog approves!

• Wick & Fable
        5771 posts Send Private Message

Thanks for sharing your set-up photos! Always nice to see creative ways people work with their space and what they have.

Considering the size of the litterboxes, I would definitely encourage putting in more hay, and also note that a water bowl is generally recommended over a water bottle.

You can see here for information on recommended rabbit diet and quantities: https://binkybunny.com/infocategory/healthy-diet/

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Cinnamon Bun
          Participant
          205 posts Send Private Message

This is cute! I wouldn’t put her food bowls in the litter box, but if it works for you then that’s okay. She does need more hay, and I would be so careful with those foam puzzle mats so she doesn’t ingest them. Maybe you could put a blankie over the mats to be safe? I love the memory foam pillow. You need to tell us her name… she’s adorable! ♡

Wick&Fable – There’s a metal water bowl under the bottle – I think some people prefer to have both the bowl and bottle? ♡

• Bunster360
            Participant

Thanks!

She does indeed have a water bowl and a bottle. She likes both but has a tendency to enjoy flipping her water bowl over and playing with it. The bottle ensures she always has water, even when being a turkey butt. 🙂

The green constrained is the bottom of a ferret cage and there is a large litterbox in the back half…thats where she potties. The food is toward the front..and I now have hay up there as well. I added Pine Pellets to the front because the flooring was a bit slippery.

The “loft” is her favorite part. 🙂 Her name is Bonnie!

• Cinnamon Bun
              Participant

For buns that like tossing their water bowls around, I recommend using heavy ceramic bowls with a metal stand. I have it for my baby bun and he doesn’t toss his bowls around, anymore. Does she chew the puzzle mats, by the way? ♡

• Bunster360
                  Participant

Thanks! Funny enough, just a bit ago I attached a water bowl that is meant to go onto a dog crate. It fit on the grids of her cage so I am hoping that will work! As for the mats, she would chew on them some before getting spayed but stopped after her spay. I have coroplast under them just in case any pee or water goes through. They’re really easy to clean…which I love!

• Cinnamon Bun
                  Participant

That’s good! ♡

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New cage layout