Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New Bunny! What Toys Should I Start With?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • TiannaRae
      Participant
      25 posts Send Private Message

Hi!

So I’m getting a bunny in about a month’s time or so, and was wondering what toys I should start out with. I’ve seen a lot of good things about the Trixie treat ball, so I am planning on getting one of those. Other than that, what do you all recommend? Should I maybe just wait until a few weeks after adopting to buy the bulk of the toys or are there any toys that are universally a hit? (Also, I live in Canada if that limits anything.)

Thanks!!

• sarahthegemini
        Participant
        5584 posts Send Private Message

I wouldn’t necessarily say that there are toys that are a guaranteed hit but I’d put money on willow toys being enjoyed! My bunnies love anything willow. Of course they destroy and eat them pretty quickly so don’t expect them to last long

You can also buy hay based toys. Oxbow do a timothy hay carrot which is just timothy hay shaped into a carrot that they can chew and eat.

Plastic baby toys are a great option. Many bunnies like baby stacking cups. Buttercup likes knocking them down and Peanut likes throwing them around. He likes throwing anything around tho tbh. Even cardboard tubes! Plastic bowling pins are great too.

You could create a digging box. Get a cardboard box or a plastic storage container and fill it with sand/soil/shredded paper. Even a pile of fleece blankets works well for diggers

• TiannaRae
          Participant
          25 posts Send Private Message

Sweet  I actually have a few extra chunks of fleece so a digging box sounds really cool! Thanks!!

• OverthinkingBun
            Participant
            169 posts Send Private Message

I second the willow suggestion! Your best bet might be to try a few very different toys and see which one your new bunny likes best, rather than stocking up on one kind first. My rabbit has a weird obsession with folding and unfolding blankets, but I’m not sure if that’s normal, lol.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New Bunny! What Toys Should I Start With?