Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE New bunny is home!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • sevyn
      Participant
      68 posts Send Private Message

Well, I just got settled in from coming in the door about half an hour ago with my potential court bunny for Vicki in tow. We were supposed to get him earlier today (around noon), but things went horribly awry and we didn’t even leave until 8 pm. Regardless, I am now home with "Kringle", an unwanted Christmas bunny who was fostered with RabbitRescue. I would post pictures but he is freaked out for the time being (understandably) and hasn’t come out of the carrier yet.

What can I do to make him feel at ease here? He is a very VERY sweet, loving bun and I want him to feel comfortable here as soon as possible.   

Any advice on what to expect/what I can do to make him more comfortable is appreciated. Thanks!

• Bunny Mommy
        Participant
        33 posts Send Private Message

CONGRATS!!!!  oh poor scared little bun!  I would try to keep it as quiet as possible except for maybe your voice.  I read that talking on the phone is pleasing for them to hear and will get him used to your voice.  This way it doesn’t really freak him out as if you were right in front of him.

I would maybe put a few treats or veggies a few inches in front of the cage and he might venture out a little.  They say it takes about 2 weeks for the "true" rabbit personality to come out but BOY it will
          Gina

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations! A new bunny family member is LOTS of fun I have dealt with many many scared bunnies – and as Bunny Mommy suggested – keeping Kringle in a quieter area will definitely help him relax. Also, trying to hand feed a treat or two from time to time will also help. If he’s too scared to take the treats at first you can set them down on the ground for the first couple days, and then after that try to get him to take it from your hand. Try giving him some pets on the head from time to time, and sitting next to his cage and reading or just hanging out will also help him get used to you. Don’t be too surprised if he’s not perfect with his box the first couple days – I had one bunny sooooo scared when I first got him that he sat in the back corner of the cage and even peed there because he was too scared to move (he became excellent with his box once he adjusted though!) I would recommend NOT picking him up or forcing him out of his cage because that would make him more incomfortable. Once he adjust though, and finds himself in a loving home, he’s going to be one happy bun! The super scared bunny I mentioned before now spends half his day in complete bunny flop because he is so happy to be out of the shelter.

• sevyn
            Participant
            68 posts Send Private Message

Wow, this guy has got to be one of the most curious buns I’ve ever met! He’s ALREADY coming around.
              This morning when I woke up, he was still hiding in his carrier, so I took off the lid and put a couple raisins just out of reach of the carrier. As soon as I coaxed him that far, he slowly but surely started making his way around the rest of the cage. He has this adorable habit of bobbing his head up and down when he is looking at something new and trying to get a feel for it.
              Also, believe it or not, except for a little pee overnight when he was too shy to come out of his carrier, he’s kept it all inside the box – already! I’m amazed by how well he’s he’s doing here already.
              That said, I’ll take some pictures a bit later today and post them for you guys to see. He’s a real sweetheart.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
              Participant
              2517 posts Send Private Message

I’m glad he’s adjusting! It will be less stressful for both of you! Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

Awe what a cute little fella! I can’t wait to see pictures of him!

• Gravehearted
                  Participant
                  2428 posts Send Private Message

aww, he sounds like a real cutie! i love curious buns, it’s never dull with them around. Glad to hear he’s got litterboxing mostly down, that’s fantastic. I’m looking forward to photos and hearing more

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE New bunny is home!