Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New bunny homes build

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
      Blocked
      103 posts Send Private Message

I’m going to build some new bunny homes for my three bunnies. I will upload photos and discuss things as I go along.

Those of you who have read my previous posts will know I’ve had a lot of difficulty finding a vet to spay and neuter my bunnies and because of this it has caused me and the bunnies a lot of stress because I have to keep them all separated which I don’t have a whole lot of space to do that… yet. I have a plan. I also came to the realization that it would be better to re-home one of them so I could concentrate my efforts on two rather than three but each time I look at my bunnies and hold them I just can’t bring myself to re-home any of them. My new plan begins by building 3 bunny homes with adequate runs for them to run about, although minimal but adequate.

Now with the two females, they actually get along well when there hormones aren’t high because then they end up mounting one another with biting and chasing but a lot of the time they are ok together so that makes life a bit easier where they both can share a huge space but there will be a safety gate in between them so if anything happens I can just close the gate to divide them until they calm down and during nights. They will only be together during play time and other times supervised.

I have a lot of bunny proofing to do and some solutions to work out plus clearing out junk. I’ve got most worked out how I’m going to do it.

The male bunny will be far from the females. He will have to live outside. He is already living outside but his enclosure is not suitable for anything permanent so I need to get to work and make him a better home which I was going to start today but I ran into some problems with my drill. I bought some new masonry drill bits but they wont go into the wall. The bricks are too hard so I just sat there miserable for a while looking at my bunny because if I could get those holes drilled I can then fix some wood to the walls to attach some wire mesh and at least then he can come out and run about when ever he wants. Once I had stopped feeling sorry for myself and the bunny I went on the net to research some information about drills.

So I think I found what I need regarding the drill.

I have a lot of work to do out there, is a mouse infestation that I need to sort out very quickly before I get mice in the house. I need to get rid of all the compost out there and block the drain pipe with wire wool and cement and tear up the plastic under the living room door so I can stuff some wood in there then fill it with cement and cover all the holes and get rid of some potted plants so that my bunny has no obstructions in his way and the floor out there is clean to minimize sharing his scent with the two females whenever I step out there.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New bunny homes build