Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New bunny cage

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • xbunnyx
      Participant
      14 posts Send Private Message

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I own two dogs with a high prey drive and will do anything to get to Rex (my rabbit), so I have to keep him outside no matter what… 🙁

Right now he’s in a dog crate I got from Amazon as he is a ‘rescue’, and here is the link to the cage:

[Edited by Jerseygirl to remove link, add photos]

42 x 28 x 30” dog crate

I know its small, but I really didn’t expect a new rabbit. We have other rabbits, but they aren’t really mines, so I don’t know much about rabbit care. The rabbits also live outside now, and they belong to my brothers.

I will be building Rex a new enclosure, natural, yet ‘domestic’ like. Where I got him from, he was born living outside and grew up outside (he’s 1.5 rn)

Please tell me the sizing of a proper outdoor enclosure! I have wood pieces, nails, drills, chicken wire/grid wire, and basically the supplies I need to build one, but I don’t really have an idea on how I will build one, if possible, can you put some links to how to properly build one? Thanks

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

Hi xbunnyx

I edited your post to add photos. We try to avoid posting links to other shopping sites.

What region if the world are you in? There might be some extra considerations to take on when building outdoor habitats, depending on where you live. Ie, type of wild predators and viral risks.

I find these 2 resources informative.

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/rabbit-housing/outdoor-rabbit-housing/

thttp://www.therabbithouse.com/outdoor/index.asp

• xbunnyx
          Participant
          14 posts Send Private Message

Hi jerseygirl,

Thanks for the links, I live in a ‘town’ but we have a forest in our backyard. Rex lives in my front yard where it’s open and there are no predators as they tend to stay in the forest. Never encountered a coyote anywhere on our property.

• Louiethebunny
            Participant
            603 posts Send Private Message

I’m not sure if this is possible, but free-roaming in one room that the dogs aren’t allowed in is a nice way to allow lots of room, although it doesn’t work for everyone.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HABITATS AND TOYS New bunny cage