Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! New baby bun after losing Whisky

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • Whisky The Bun
      Participant
      50 posts Send Private Message

I lost my Whisky a couple of weeks ago. I wasn’t in any rush to get a new bunny, but my dog had other ideas. She’s been super depressed and at her age that’s not healthy at all. So yesterday I went and picked up this little sweetheart who’s only 9 weeks old! She already has a huge personality, and it was love at first sight with my dog. She’s a mini rex lionhead mix. No name yet, but I’m sure we’ll figure it out soon. She’s adapting to her new home beautifully. She has zero fear and is into everything. I forgot how much of a handful babies are! And all the bunny proofing I had done for Whisky is proving ineffective since she’s so tiny! She can fit into all sorts of spaces Whisky couldn’t. She looks big in this photo but she’s probably not even a pound yet and is super tiny. She’s a total sweetheart and has already started grooming me when we sit on the floor together. Not that she sits still for very long!

• Gordo and Janice
        Participant
        703 posts Send Private Message

First I should say sorry for your loss of Whisky. 

I am excited for you. Nothing like the energy of a young one. Interesting hutch. Looks like it’s regular furniture (dresser maybe?) transformed. And it’s so great that she isn’t afraid and is already bonding with everyone. I do remember the days of small. Had to resort to stuffing towels and phone books and whatever all over because that little body could fit everywhere and anywhere it seemed. Here’s to a long life of fun bun times and memories with the new one!

Binky free {{{Whisky}}}

• Bam
          16951 posts Send Private Message

It was very sad about Whisky.

But I’m very happy for both you and your dog that you’ve opened your heart and home to another little rabbit. She looks spunky! She certainly looks like a mini rex-lionhead. Beautiful coloring! I hope we’ll get to see a lot more of her =)

• Whisky The Bun
            Participant

She’s such a handful! She already figured out stairs and is up and down them like a pro (which means the baby gate is back up on the landing so she can’t come all the way upstairs). We’re working on litterbox training. I may have to get an x-pen for a bit to keep her limited in where she can go (my house is small but it’s all open floor plan), since she’s decided the corner by the bathroom door is a great place to pee. At least until she’s fully litterbox trained (she pees in it sometimes, and doesn’t seem to be peeing anywhere else except where the litterbox is and that one corner). 

Adventures. haha

• Gordo and Janice
              Participant

Yes! Fun times! Adventures galore for sure, especially at the beginning. Of course, send some more cute pics with the new name attached when you come up with one.

• Whisky The Bun
                Participant

The bun finally has a name (I think): Kali, for the Hindu goddess of destruction, the villain in one of my screenplays, and since she looks like my mom’s calico cat. It was honestly the first name I thought of when I got her, but I wasn’t sure if it would fit her personality. It definitely does! She’s been spending a lot of time in “bunny jail” since she’s so destructive and not litterbox trained yet (it’s about 50/50…I may have to get a second litterbox for her for outside of her cage, since she seems to use it no problem when she’s in the cage but then has all kinds of accidents outside of the cage). Here are some more pics, too.

Friends loaned me an x-pen for her since hopefully I’ll only need to use it with her for a couple of weeks. She’s an escape artist, though! She escaped 3 times before I finally got it secure enough (she’d jump over it and land on the couch on the other side…pulling it away from the couch fixed that problem).

This was the first configuration. She also tried to use her tunnel as a step to jump over, but it collapsed under her weight.

And here she is (with my knee) during our nightly floor snuggle bonding time. She climbs all over me, grooms me, nips any exposed skin she can find (why do bunnies always go for love handles?!?!?!) and then binkies all over the place. 

• Gordo and Janice
                  Participant

Cute! “Hindu goddess of destruction”, “bunny jail”, “(why do bunnies always go for love handles?!?!?!)”….all funny.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE WELCOME ! New baby bun after losing Whisky