Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum THE LOUNGE New and Looking for a Name

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • Lionbunny
      Participant
      49 posts Send Private Message

Hi, everyone!

I got my bunny just under two weeks ago and I still haven’t named her. I actually had been holding off because I didn’t know if the bunny was a boy or a girl, but I now know I have a little girl and yet I’m still stumped! So, I found this forum and thought I would ask for some help…

I was a hoping something would come to me as I got to know her, but so far it just isn’t happening (I never had this problem with my goldfish!) She’s a young lionhead, light brown in color except for the feet, which look like she has white "no-show" type socks on. She’s turning out to be extremely sweet! For the first week she was showing some aggressive behavior when in her cage, but once I started reading up on behavior and backed off she really lightened up. Now, I think puberty is hitting, because when she’s out of the cage she follows me everywhere, and just hovers around my feet when I’m sitting, putting her front legs up as high as she can on my legs and looking at me. It’s adorable, and I kind of hope it doesn’t stop after she gets spayed next Tuesday! She hasn’t licked me yet, which is disappointing

Back to the names issue… I have thought about Nala since my boyfriend bought her for me (Nala is "gift" in Swahili) and she is a lionhead (Nala was Simba’s friend in the Lion King). I’ve read that soft names like that are harder for them to learn. Take a look at her and tell me if anything comes to mind, so I can make up mine! I don’t really like cutsie names like Cookie and Binky (no offense)..but I do like mythological, real people’s names, words in other languages, shakespearean, that sort of thing… thanks for any help!

182258984571.JPG

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
        Participant
        2517 posts Send Private Message

Oh my god, that is so cute it’s disgusting.

• Lionbunny
          Participant

lol thanks.. i think

I guess she’s supposed to lose most of the long hair on her body and just keep a mane as she grows older, but i like her just the way she is!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
            Participant

She kind of looks like a powderpuff… but I can only think of cheesy names like Q-tip! Haha

Chaussettes is "socks" in French, which sounds kind of pretty, but still a soft name.

The rabbit is seriously too cute for me to think. I’m almost certain the cuteness is about to make my head explode.

Here’s a list of lions in mythology, you might find something you like!

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1138178

• Lionbunny
              Participant

That’s about what happens every time I look at her. I become so enthralled by the cuteness that my mind goes blank!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                Participant

Ok, I thought of one more: Satine (pronounced sat-een). Because she looks soooo soft and cuddly! Plushy almost.

• Lionbunny
                  Participant

Interesting… I actually thought of that one too, but mainly because of the move Moulin Rouge (one of my favorites). Alot of the names that keep popping in my head are coming from movies, which goes to show I watch way too many of them!

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant
                    4293 posts Send Private Message

What a cutie pie!!! All I can think of are cutsie names too. I think that Nala would be adorable.

• BobbiesZoo
                      Participant
                      10 posts Send Private Message

I prefer "people" names too, for the most part (or totally off the wall ones, like my Senegal, Shake’NBake), but a name is a name, they shouldn’t be "people" names (though some names do go better w/certain species)…

Anyhow, I saw the pic and she immediatly looked like a Sara to me.

• brad
                        Participant
                        22 posts Send Private Message

well honestly i cant help you with any names but i will tell you that some day she will do something that will make you scream out a name which will become hers i got ellie because the only person my bun wont scratch is my 3 year old niece ellie the first time my niece saw her she said "me think bunny cute i want to pick her up" so i said "no ellie she will scratch you" but knowing little kids she did anyway but ellie didnt scratch her so thats wen i made the name ellie.Also my girlfriend got her buns name DIXIE by coming home and seeing her bun chewing on some dixie cups…

• BinkyBunny
                          8776 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Lionhead!   Wow, she is soooo cute!  I actually like Nala for her!  it seems to really fit her look, but you may find something else that fits her personality.  

Not all bunnies lick, so don’t feel bad.  It’s nothing personal.

It sounds like you know your stuff so far in regards to her behavior and how it is related to age. I am so glad you will be getting her  spayed.  That may also help quite a bit with her aggression in her territory.  (note it can take a month for hormones to die down)

Do you know what to expect for post surgery?

Sounds like you are reading up and educating yourself.  How are her litterbox habits so far.  IF not so great, understandable at her age.  Just curious.

• kralspace
                            Participant
                            2663 posts Send Private Message

that bunny is so cute I had to cover my eyes! I thought of Farrah after the Charlies Angel with all the fluffy hair!

• Lionbunny
                              Participant

So far, her litterbox habits are pretty nonexistant. After reading different websites, I’m expecting the training will be easier once she gets spayed. Right now she eats the hay in the box, sleeps in the box, and poops everywhere but the box. She doesn’t really tend to use any one spot, so that makes it difficult to try to place the box where she’s going to be likely to use it.

I’m already nervous about the whole surgery, especially considering how small she is (her breed only gets to be 2.5 to 3.5 pounds).

• MooBunnay
                                Participant
                                3087 posts Send Private Message

Hi! Your bun is sooooo cute! I always give my bunnies real people names (I’ve got martin, henri, ramyond, grace, juli, and kramer) – probably because I treat my bunnies like mini-people For some reason she looks like a Jamie to me. The way my bunnies got their names is when my boyfriend and I first adopted them I would get down on my hands and knees and say "whats your name lil bunny?" and then they would get the first name that popped into my head. Yes, i know, a liiiitle crazy, hahaha, but give it a try!

• luvmybuns
                                  Participant
                                  65 posts Send Private Message

I can’t help you with a name, but your bunny is so adorable.  I have gotten all of my bunnies as adults, so they were already named.  Good Luck. 

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum THE LOUNGE New and Looking for a Name