Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BONDING neuturing for bonding

• This topic has 4sd replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Hazel.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Sabrina
      Participant
      2 posts Send Private Message

do i need to neutur two of my female bunnies or the one that is the most agressive one?

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Both bunnies should be spayed (the term for female castration) for successful bonding.

In female bunnies, spaying also prevents reproductive cancers, which are very common in female rabbits.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Sabrina
            Participant
            2 posts Send Private Message

I will consider this as my last option if all other techniques fail. The other problem is that my first rabbit is almost 5 years of age. I have an american chinchilla rabbit and have read that they can live up to 5-8 years. So not sure if the spaying will be worth it. I forgot to mention that my older rabbit when she was younger was never like this to a new rabbit. So am not sure what changed.

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

With spaying, 9-12 years is the normal life span. Without spaying it is much shorter due to cancer. An experienced vet should have no problem spaying a 5 year old rabbit. At 5, it is very likely she already has uterine cancer, but it could be removed with spaying and she would go on to live much longer.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Hazel
              Participant
              2587 posts Send Private Message

Yes, that short 5+ years life span is because of the high cancer rate. I would get her spayed asap, even if bonding wasn’t on the table. As Dana said, it’s likely she already has cancer. If it hasn’t spread it can be removed with no problems.

They can’t be bonded unless they’re both spayed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BONDING neuturing for bonding