Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR neutered rabbit humping toy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Marzipan The Bunny
      Participant
      73 posts Send Private Message

Hi all. so half a year ago i got my rabbit mars neutered. the hormonal spike wore off and he was a pretty normal rabbit. then, about a month ago, i noticed him constantly circling the ball and licking it. once he even tried to get on it. i (stupidly) thought it was adorable. this morning, however, i walked in on him humping the ball several times. What does this mean? He is one year old. Here’s the video https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BByToGzIFF8ERPlNYDLMRGSw

• Bunny House
        Participant
        1241 posts Send Private Message

My male will mount my female when he gets frustrated at her for not grooming him back. Maybe he is frustrated at not having enough toys, room to move around or bored and maybe needs a friend?

• Bam
          16877 posts Send Private Message

Even neutered rabbits often react to the increased amount of daylight in early spring. Its jokingly called “March hare syndrome”. There is some production of testosterone in the adrenalin glands, and there are many other hormones at play. Rabbits have a very active hormone system.

This should pass, if it doesn’t, it could be a response to for example pain. Frustration is also a possibility.

• Lord Bonton
            Participant
            117 posts Send Private Message

My boy Gimly was neutered already when we got him(approx 5 years old), and he would always go around trying to hump his companion Bella even after they were bonded. Once she passed away we got him a stuffed companion that he mounted all the time, and he also liked to mount our feet and arms as well if we were on the floor with him. he seemed very pleased by this. but everytime he was at the vet for his teeth trim he was perfectly healthy, and we even mentioned it to our vet but she didnt seem concerned. i wonder if it is because he wasnt neutered until later in life so he still had adult hormones.

• ThorBunny
              Participant
              824 posts Send Private Message

Yes it could be just spring. My spayed female rabbit has been humping her stuffie the past few days…

She’s just been to the vets with a clean bill of health, and she’s always gotten a bit “frisky” around this time of year  

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR neutered rabbit humping toy