Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR Nemo chewing after cleaning testicle and stomach area

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Jen
      Participant
      34 posts Send Private Message

Nemo got neutered over a month ago and has recovered from his swollen testicles. I’m a bit worried though because whenever he cleans that area he comes up and slightly chews on something (I can tell that there is something in his mouth and not just his teeth). He has this box that he loves, he sleeps, cleans and rests on there but I noticed a kind of really faded orange-red ish coloured stains on it but I didn’t think much of it. His behaviour is not any different, he eats, binkies, runs around the house in fact he seems happier. The stains are very hard to see so I don’t think taking a photo will show it but does anyone have any idea what’s up with him?
        I also want to add that i can’t carry or touch his paws without him running away, he’s still very reserved when it comes to what I can and can’t touch. But from what I can see when he stands up it looks clean.

• Asriel and Bombur
        Participant
        1104 posts Send Private Message

My boys were stained down there for a good month or two after their neuters. What he could be eating is a cecal. It’s all around that same area, so usually when I see them come up from there chewing, it’s more than likely just that.

• Jen
          Participant
          34 posts Send Private Message

That’s a relief, I was getting worried but thanks for the answer.

• sarahthegemini
            Participant
            5584 posts Send Private Message

I was also going to say he’s probably eating a cecal.

• Wick & Fable
              5771 posts Send Private Message

It also could be loose fur around that area that he’s chewing to get down Jos throat. It’s atypical for owners to groom down there, so it’s up to the rabbit to get shed fur there!

I’m glad he’s recovered.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR Nemo chewing after cleaning testicle and stomach area