Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Need help quick!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Aly
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

My rabbit had a run in with my dog who is very prey driven. Luckily he didn’t hurt her but as she escaped, I think she cut herself on the metal bars of her cage. She was bleeding under her genital area where her tail starts but I’ve been cleaning it gently with warm water and the bleeding has stopped. She’s been able to poop but her pee is light and she is just dribbling at the moment. It looks like it might be hurting her to urinate. She makes a squeaking and breathy sound every once and a while and is cleaning her self under there quite frequently. I’m not sure what to do for her until I’m able to take her to the vet. Does it sound like the vet is the best thing to do? And what else could I do at home to ease her pain and help her urinate before taking her to the vet? Any help is very appreciated as she is all I have right now and I can’t bear to see her in any pain. Thank you

• Wick & Fable
      5129 posts Send Private Message

Yes you must get her to the vet immediately. Until then, keep her in a one-level, restricted space to limit her movement so any injuries do not get aggravated. Make sure to clean her litterbox and area to lessen potential infections. I’d lay out the buffet of fresh hay, some pellets, etc so she can eat and keep her gut moving.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
      6536 posts Send Private Message

How is your bunny doing now? Were you able to get her to a vet?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
      15597 posts Send Private Message

Any update on this? Hopefully your bunny is OK.

• Aly
      Participant

I think she’s doing a little better now. I wasn’t able to take her to the vet today but we’re going first thing tomorrow morning. I got her to eat some food as well as drink some water, and she’s been able to pee which was my biggest concern. Her poop is now what I’m focused on as it is very small and wet/mushy most of the time. It still seems to be hurting her to go to the bathroom so I’m hoping the vet will have some answers

• Vicky
        Participant
        159 posts Send Private Message

Do you have updates on this one? I would like to know if everything’s fine 🙁

• Aly
      Participant

So sorry I haven’t updated! So she did end up cutting herself slightly which was causing her discomfort when she went to the bathroom. She was in a bit of pain, but she is recovering very well. She is now eating and drinking on her own and going to the bathroom regularly. Her poop is way more average sized and she’s on her way to getting her happy spunky self back 🙂

Thank you all for the concern, and Sadie (my rabbit) thanks you too! 😊

• Vicky
        Participant
        159 posts Send Private Message

Oh I’m glad everything is better ! Have you been to the vet or not? 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Need help quick!