Forum

OUR SITE IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS. YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO LOGIN YET.   WE WILL ANNOUNCE WHEN READY. THE SITE MAY BE SLOW, SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT.  YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Home Forums HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Need help identifying angora

This topic contains 8sd replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  MoxieMeadows 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Miranda
    Participant

So I got a couple angoras from a breeder I probably should not have gotten them from a while back. She said they were American angoras, which I don’t believe is a thing. I really can’t tell if they are French angoras or jersey wooly. They are 7 months old and have not shed once.

Wick

Is it possible for you to upload any pictures?

jerseygirl

Hi Miranda

I checked the attachments you added. I think there may be an issue with the file names. Try rename them without any symbols and upload again. Once the files are there, just click on the Insert Image icon and the photos will appear in your post. Hope that helps!

jerseygirl

Pics are up now.

What weight are they, Miranda? That might help identify breed too. They don’t look like j/wooly’s to me but Im no expert! Maybe french or even satin angoras??

Miranda
    Participant

I’m not sure what the weight is because I don’t own a scale :/ I hope they aren’t jersey wooly haha

Sarita
    Participant

I am having a difficult time really see their features – Jersey Woolies will have short ears though much like a Netherland Dwarf…I’m pretty sure French Angora’s have no fur on their head – I think those are English Angora’s.

Puffbaby
    Participant

I would say French Angola.: ) they have due on there head just shorter than the rest of their body. if not French then satin. and when you say they haven’t shed do you mean when your brushing amd such there hair isn’t coming out?

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

Definitely not English or German. Their ears look kinda small to be a French or Satin angora though. It is hard to tell about the fur from the pics.
    Could you post a pic of them next to something for size reference? Like a can of soda?
    Moxie (French Angora) was about 7.5 pounds when she was that age.

Another thing that is throwing me off, is the color. It’s not *ALWAYS*, but usually (mostly lol), their wool (fur on their body) is lighter than their head. Their wool should be gray, and they appear to be solidly black.
    More pice would help but I am leaning towards them not being full Angora, if they are Angora.

MoxieMeadows
    Participant

^*pics

Also, what is their fur texture?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.