Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Naughty rabbit

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • bunnybaby3
      Participant
      6 posts Send Private Message

My bunny miso is pretty young still but he has suddenly been developing naughty behavior and I’m not sure what to do or how to approach it. He recently learned how to climb like a lot of things to get to a higher surface and even learned how to jump on my bed with ease now! But I don’t want him on my bed too much because he poops on it (he only stays still and doesn’t poop if I continously pet and hold him, but this is hard to do at night or in the morning when Im trying to sleep. I had to move a lot of things off my desk as well since he kept chewing a whole bunch of things. But Idk what to do about that either since I bought him wood chews and he like doesn’t touch that at all. He does however, like ripping up paper in the litter box. Also, now that he can reach higher grounds I’m just scared hes gonna damage something, and that hell eat something hes not supposed to. I leave the room for two seconds and hes on my bed or desk when I come back sometimes. Overall, I don’t really know what to do so if someone could offer some insight I would greatly appreciate it. <3

• Louiethebunny
        Participant
        603 posts Send Private Message

Sounds like he’s growing up! He’s probably pooping on your bed because he wants to claim it, and that’s typical territorial behavior. After he is old enough, you may want to get him fixed, it really can help with hormonal behaviors and such. As for the exploring, you might just have to bunny proof more.

• Wilburbunny
          Participant
          72 posts Send Private Message

Definitely sounds like puberty. My bun has actually started doing kinda the same thing. He started being able to jump on my bed and always ends up peeing on it. The biggest problem though is that he’s afraid to jump down so if I’m away for a long time he gets stranded up there!

What I tried first is to kinda build a barrier around the edge of my bed with boxes, but that didn’t work for very long because soon he learned he could jump on those too. It’s crazy that Wilbur can jump so high he’s like 2 pounds! My bed is not short! What ended up working was when I put a rug on my bed. The rug was just big enough that it stuck out from the edge slightly. From Wilburs angle on the floor, it looks like there’s a ceiling so he cant jump straight up onto the bed anymore. And if he backs up and tries to jump on the ledge, in will give out under him. So far he hasn’t jumped on the bed yet with this method. I’ll try to get a picture I know that explanation was confusing! You could probably also do this with a big piece of cardboard.
            My bun hasn’t gotten on the desk yet (thank goodness) so I don’t have any ideas for that at the moment. You may just have to move everything off it or keep your bun in an x-pen. Maybe you could even try putting some toilet paper rolls up there to trick him into chewing those instead of everything else on the desk😉

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Naughty rabbit