Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My Sweet Baby Bunny Blackers, R.I.P.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    • RCBB
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

My Blacky Baby Bunny passed away this morning, he was 6 years and 10 months old. He missed his birthday in March.

This has a bit about how he went, it was in my other post.

I fell asleep shortly after i had been holding him at 10pm and I awoke around 530 when I heard  a thrashing noise, I jumped out of bed and opened my hutches lid, and he was lying flat on his side kinda stretched looking, I grabbed him and put him in a towel and went for my bedand he started thrashing in my arms, not with his legs like when they want to get away from you, but his whole body like a fish. I picked him up again and got my mom then she came and we all got on my bed. he would thrash then go limp and thrash and limp, we got a pillow and put him on it and he  tried sitting up, so I out him in a rested sitting position, but ever so slowly he kept leaning to the left till  he was on his side again. We petted him and I tried resituating him and he started thrashing the worst and almost fell off the bed and out of my arms because I tried moving him back. after this I set the pillow on my lap and we petted to him and kept telling him he was ok and we loved him. I got a bit of a yogurt treat and held it to his nose, dumbe me he didlt even move, I think he was out of it. he was totally limp except for his legs, they were kinda stretched straight infront of him. His head kept tilting very far back, and his eyes looked strange. I couldn’t tell if it was frightened, shock? or like delerium because He wasnt quite here in his mind, you know. But a few times he moved his front and back legs back and forth really fast.  Then hed stop. I put my hands against the bottom of his feet just so he could feel something was there, and all of a sudden his back legs started moving back and forth with a lot of force and very fast(his legs were all the way extended, no bend in the knee) and I said whats he doing? to my mom, and she said maybe hes dreaming, then about 5 seconds after he stopped, I put my head to his heart, and it had stopped. He was gone and I cried and such.It had taken about 20-30 minutes for him to go since I got him from his hutch. After that I tried situating him in a sitting position, but none of his legs would bend. So this must have meant they were very tense.

I would like to know if you all think he was painless, or in a half awake/dillusional state, and if he could sense that the ones that loved him were there while he was going. And If you think that bunnys go to heaven, truly, and if he’s In a better place.

I hope hes happy I love him very much, I wish he knew.

Blacky2

Baby Blackers

Baby Blackers2

sweet blackers2

Bunny Blackers

• Monkeybun
        Participant
        10479 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear this Its always sad when we lose a loved one… even a small furry one. I’m more than sure he knew you loved him, and he’ll be waiting for you across the Rainbow Bridge, binkying and running and playing.

• bunnytowne
          Participant
          7537 posts Send Private Message

I did respond to your  other post.   I am sorry he passed.   I do believe he was aware you were with him and loved him dearly.  He wasn’t alone.

Well we belive that bunnies go to the rainbow bridge.   They are in good health about 1-3 years old in the prime of life.  Many other bunnies are there in sweet meadows full of grass and flowers to hop in.   They are playing together there is no illness no harm to come to them.

They wait til the day their bunny parents pass over then they say goodbye to their friends and go be with you again. 

His pictures are beautiful.  What a lovely friend you had.  I am sure he knew how much you loved him. You take care of yourself

• lashkay
            Participant
            1548 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry you were so distressed and felt helpless to help him, but I’m sure he knew you were there with him and trying to comfort him and he loved you then as he did throughout his life with you even if he was unable to tell you. I believe that bunnies that have crossed the bridge are playing and romping happily in a big carrot patch and that Blacky will come running to you when you come to him in that Promised Land and he will be just as beautiful as he is in your wonderful pictures. In the meantime, he is in no pain whatsoever and is playing happily with my bunny Lash who passed away in 7/1998. Thanks for posting these pictures. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• BinkyBunny
              8776 posts Send Private Message

Oh, it is so sad to watch a bunny in the last moments. I am so sorry. Though it is not uncommon for a bunny to “thrash” for 5 – 10 seconds right after death, as it is just the body responding to the brain sending out its last haywire signals, and the rabbit is not suffering in this as it is already gone. —. However, from the sounds of it  - though this may have happened at the very end, it also sounds like there was a seizure or something happening prior to death as well.

Right now I know the loss is just painful and I am sorry you are going trough it. I do encourage though that you have a necropsy done just so you can learn more about what happened. I have always found it to be helpful in learning and helping with future care of my bunnies.

He was a beautiful bunny and I’m glad that he had ones that loved him around him at the time he passed.  He is at peace now.  Binky Free

• jerseygirl
                22342 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry you had to witness that and that your bunny is gone. We had a recent discussion on seizures and one member whose son suffers seizures told us he never remember them or felt pain. Hopefully it is the same for our dear sweet rabbits. Your Blackers would know how much he was loved I’m sure. Binky Free Blackers!

• Sarita
                  Participant
                  18851 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for you. What a beautiful rabbit he was.

• FluffyBunny
                    Participant
                    1263 posts Send Private Message

So sorry about your loss….he was a beautiful bunny! I’m sure he knew you were there and you loved him when he died. He lived the best life a bunny could dream of. Rest in peace, little Blackers.

• LittlePuffyTail
                      18092 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry for the loss of your beautiful bunny. I’m sure he knew how much love you had for him. Animals know when they are loved.

As for you wondering where he is now, I strongly believe that animals go somewhere when they pass. I don’t believe they just cease to exist. Would it really be Heaven without animals?

• FluffyBunny
                        Participant
                        1263 posts Send Private Message

• Lintini
                          Participant
                          3329 posts Send Private Message

I am very sorry for your loss. I know he is hopping right now in a beautiful meadow with all his favorite things to eat and play with! Binky Free Blacky Bunny. *hugs*

• MooBunnay
                            Participant
                            3087 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. It is so nice that you were there for him though when he passed, I know that it had to have been very comforting to him to know that you were there. I know he had a great home with you and must have loved being a part of your family.

• RabbitPam
                              11002 posts Send Private Message

I’m very sorry about your loss – I didn’t see your post until now. He was a beautiful bunny, and I think he is across the Rainbow Bridge.
                                If you dream of him, or feel little tickles when you think of him, it may be him offering comfort to you while you grieve.

I don’t think he felt much consciously. A vet once told me when my cat had kidney failure that he was pretty out of it. And when Spockie died, my vet for him said his body was shutting down, and he’d lost awareness well before he finally died in my arms. It is awful to go through, but they are at peace with your love there helping them go.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                                Participant
                                12067 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry-judging from your pictures he must have known how loved he was. *HUGS*

• lashkay
                                  Participant
                                  1548 posts Send Private Message

I just must say, What a beautiful and comforting thing to say, RabbitPam, that If you feel little tickles when you think of him, it may be the passed bunny offering comfort while you grieve. For years after her passing, I would fantasize that Lash was with me, sitting on my chest with her little face in mine, licking my nose as she would every evening, and sleeping next to my hip as she would at night her little head rocking this way and that with her little dreams. And my picture of her would be so real that I could almost feel her little tongue again and feel her little ball of presence at my hip. Thanks, you sure comforted me! Buddie licked my leg when I had stepped into his pen in my bathrobe after a bath to change his litterbox so I can’t help feeling that Lash was urging him from that big carrot patch in the sky, to lick me! It felt like heaven.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My Sweet Baby Bunny Blackers, R.I.P.