Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My spayed female bunny won’t stop marking

• This topic has 3sd replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by LBJ10.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Cornelialovesbunnys
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

hello! First post here! I have a 1 year old spayed female bunny that free roams in my apartment. I have had her since she was 8 weeks old and she has been pretty consistent with the litter training since I got her until a few months ago. After she was spayed in November I noticed she started marking in two places in her “home base” and I cannot seem to figure out why. Her litter box is cleaned every other day (with hay refills everyday), I clean the spots with urine specific cleaner, and when cleaning up her urine I make sure to put some on a paper towel and put it in the litter box. I can never catch her doing it either because she does it in the middle of the night. Does anyone have any similar stories, ideas, or tips on this subject?

• Wick & Fable
        5771 posts Send Private Message

While we say rabbits can be litter-box trained, it’s actually probably more accurate to say that their natural behaviors/inclinations lend themselves to use litterboxes. In reality, they often aren’t encoding that a random rectangular vessel is where they should go, but rather we set it up in places and w/ contents that make the rabbits want to use it for most/all of their urination/defecation needs.  It sounds like those two places are areas that for one reason or another, she finds agreeable to mark a lot. I’d either put boxes there, or re-arrange things to see if it makes it less likely for her to go there again.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• DanaNM
          8901 posts Send Private Message

What type of flooring is in her home base, and where does she have hay available? Some buns will pee wherever they eat hay, and many will pee on soft surfaces. With one of my buns I couldn’t have any blankets in her pen unless they were stretched very tightly over a firm surface, and I had to position her hay rack so she could only reach it when fully sitting in the box.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• LBJ10
            16870 posts Send Private Message

I agree with Dana. This may be solved by simply rethinking how things are set up.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My spayed female bunny won’t stop marking