Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My rabbit just ate rubber and faux leather!

• This topic has 3sd replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kiki.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • TwinkieTheBun
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

I keep everything Twinkie can chew, up and away from him. Last night he somehow managed to jump up on my side table and chewed two rubber dropper tops and the edges off a vintage faux leather jewelry box. I gave him a bunch of fresh hay to eat to try and help it pass through and he is eating that fine so far. Is there anything else I can do?! I am so worried!

• Bam
        16877 posts Send Private Message

I think your bun will be fine. I had a bun that ate pieces of a leather bag, half a rubber cat toy and a big chunk out of a plastic warm water bottle and I didnt realize until quite some time after the fact. Rabbits tend to chew everything they swallow very thoroughly, which is a great advantage. Dogs swallow stuff whole, but rabbits are not capable of that.

Hay is good, hydration is also important. If he gets greens, serve them freshly rinsed and dripping wet so he gets extra water in him. Keep a close eye on poop. Empty the litter box and put in all fresh litter so you know exactly if, when and how much he poops.

• sarahthegemini
          Participant
          5584 posts Send Private Message

Peanut has eaten his fair share of rubber. He’s a nightmare. Hay, hay and more hay!

• Kiki
            Participant
            205 posts Send Private Message

mine is a garbage disposal and still kickin, I am sure your baby will be fine

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My rabbit just ate rubber and faux leather!