Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR my rabbit doesn’t like me anymore?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • bumpybunny
      Participant
      152 posts Send Private Message

i used to have a loft bed, so when my rabbit was out playing i would sit on the floor so i could watch her. a month or two ago i got a regular bed instead. now when shes out playing i sit on my bed instead (i still pay a lot of attention to her). ever since then she has slowly started acting like she doesnt like me anymore.

she used to sit and lick me for 10 minutes straight and lay near me and would let me pet her all the time. now she will not let me pet her, she will not lick me at all, and shes been laying in the opposite side of the room as me and if i go near her she jumps up and runs away. now for the last few days shes started biting my feet and ankles, chewing holes in my clothes, and charging at me when im not even near her. shes also been making a huge mess in her cage every single morning and ripping her pee pad up and dumping her litterbox out. it might sound weird but does this seem to have anything to do with the fact that i got a new bed? it all started then. im still treating her the exact same as i always have and i am so upset because it seems like she hates me suddenly for whatever reason 🙁

i do have other pets but i change my clothes and wash my hands before letting her out to play so i dont smell like them. does anyone have any idea whats going on? its taken her so long to get close with me and now i feel like its ruined.

• LBJ10
        16898 posts Send Private Message

It’s possible. The new bed is something “strange” that was introduced into her territory. That “new” smell might be setting her off too.

• DanaNM
          8930 posts Send Private Message

It’s possible it’s the new smelling object. It also could be because you aren’t spending as much floor time with her. Do you still sit on the floor with her while she’s out?

I’m curious, how old is she, and is she spayed? Some of the behaviors you mention sound like hormonal teenage bunny behaviors, so I’m wondering if it could actually just be hormones that happened to coincide with the new bed.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• bumpybunny
              Participant
              152 posts Send Private Message

I do still sit with her on the floor, just not as much. She’s always allowed up on the bed with me though and she does love coming up here lol. For the past few days I’ve been spending more time on the floor with her and it has seemed to help a little.

She’s actually turning 2 years old tomorrow! She’s been spayed for a year now. I’m hoping that sitting down on the floor with her more often will help, she does get into moods sometimes where she doesnt want anything to do with me it just usually only lasts a day or two.

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR my rabbit doesn’t like me anymore?