Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My naughty old rabbit!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • CharlieHanna
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

My bunny is 3 and a half and he was using his litter tray fine, we had to get a new one and now he seems to pee anywhere & everywhere…i know he needs to get used to it but however long he stays in his cage, he comes out and pee’s on the carpet.

Also he’ll not make a mess all day, while i’m asleep he’ll poo all over my bedroom carpet…why?!

He’s not been spayed which i understand now it may help but he was fien until recently??!

I love him but he’s becoming like a tear away teenager!!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

Try putting hay in the litter box. Make sure the litterbox is in the same place as the old one…If there is any chance you didn’t throw out the old one, you could pop it in or under the new one to make it look similar and gradually switch over. He may be doing this to express his disgust over having a new litter box…definitely neutering will help!

• Tracy
          Participant
          108 posts Send Private Message

…i would try dropping a newspaper on the spot where he pees and let it soak up the urine and then put the newspaper in his new box…(bunny smiles)

• Floppy
            Participant
            490 posts Send Private Message

Hmm I just got a new litterbox for Floppy, and was afraid that his perfect litterbox
              skills might change, but I Just dumped the litter from the old litterbox into the new one
              and of course I put it in the same place that he was used to going and there was no
              problem at all. He is neutered though…

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Hi CharlieHanna!  Welcome to Binky Bunny! My there are a lot of new faces and that’s great! The poo sounds like a territorial thing, claiming everything as "his" and also I am guessing as well, disgust over the "new" litter box.  Definately try the hay and a urine soaked towel or piece of paper towel in the box along with the pooties.  If he still persists, try limiting his territory, i.e. put him back in his cage at night or keep him there until his litterbox habits improve and reward him with more outside run time & space. I would definately neuter him, I would say that 90% of the time it helps with the litterbox habits. It could just be this change to his environment has him all in a tither and so he is acting out and didn’t until now.  Bunnies are rather funny that way and their personalities really shine through. Be patient and try to work with him.  I think he’ll settle in eventually.

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

WELCOME Charlie Hanna! When you say your bunny is 3 1/2 – do you mean years or months?

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My naughty old rabbit!