Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My Maryann is jealous of my girlfriend

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • MarkBun
      Participant
      2842 posts Send Private Message

Just a couple of notes about my Maryann and her habits when my girlfriend is around.

First off, she’ll charge me when she sees her.  It is her way of showing that she is displeased that I brought her into her territory

Next, I found that if my girlfriend and I are being affectionate, it drives Maryann into a rage.  She immediately goes and finds Dono and mounts him!  It is as if she’s trying to assert her dominance over my girlfriend by using Dono as a surrogate.  Thankfully Dono’s a prince and takes it in stride.

Finally, last weekend my girlfriend found Dono in one of their ‘hideaway’ places behind a sewing table propped up against a wall. She reached in and was giving him nose pets.  Maryann hops around the back end, sees what’s going on, runs and jumps ONTO Dono and begins scratching at his face.  As he takes off, she then lunges and scratches at my girlfriend.  Dono was so shaken that he actually came to ME for comfort (he avoids me like the plague).

My Maryann is a dutch through and through and her jealousy issues are amazing.  Of course, she doesn’t mind my girlfriend when she’s feeding her lots of raisins.

• jerseygirl
        22345 posts Send Private Message

Isn’t it amazing!   Maryann sounds like a good communicator – no denying her disapproval!

I saw a little example of jealousy in the weekend. My 5 year old nephew is an only child and a clown. He likes adult attention and gets his fair share becauses he’s so funny and very conversational. I noticed some jealousy issues with him when I got Jersey. He didn’t want the focus being on her for overly long. He eventually made friends thou. The roles reversed on Saturday when I had him over for a sleep over. Jersey seemed to be coming up and giving me looks quite a bit. When I put my nephew to bed I lay with him and read some stories, Jersey kept running into the room, climbing on me and putting her face inches from mine! She rarely does this unless I’m eating apple and she thinks she can somehow get in out of my mouth! It was definate demonstration of jealousy because normally she’ll ignore me most of the time.

• Scarlet_Rose
          Participant
          4293 posts Send Private Message

That is really interesting Markus. I would be glad if I were your girlfriend that MaryAnn uses a surrogate for her territorialism but poor Dono!

• Binkles
            Participant
            823 posts Send Private Message

=x Try buying a Millie Thompson plushie..?

xD

• Cassi&Charlie
              Participant
              1260 posts Send Private Message

Poor Dono!

• MimzMum
                Participant
                8029 posts Send Private Message
                  Posted By Binkles on 08/11/2008 7:27 PM
                  =x Try buying a Millie Thompson plushie..?

xD

lolololz…..

Yikes, Markus, that is one scary bun! Think I need to make a desktop of her like I did of Pip in the thread I posted in the Lounge. ^_^

Glad to hear the gf takes it all in stride. If I have ANY domineering animal in my home, the hubby talks of sending it away.

• dmh426
                  Participant
                  433 posts Send Private Message

I have this problem also. Sophie is insanely jealous of my boyfriend. She doesn’t charge, but she interjects herself between the two of us if we’re standing and stands on her back legs and paws me with her front feet. She also will jump up on the couch when he and I are laying there watching a movie and I swear to god, will “rearrange” us so that she is cuddled up with me and basically ignores him. It’s the funniest thing. I thought it was just Sophie. I’ve had her since she born (she was the runt of a friend’s litter) and i’ve always said she doesn’t know that she’s not my child. She definitely acts like a spoiled child when the boyfriend is over….

• MooBunnay
                    Participant
                    3087 posts Send Private Message

Hahaha Markus, that is too funny! I hope your girlfriend doesn’t mind I don’t know about “poor” Dono though…perhaps he just thinks he’s such a stud muffin that Maryann can’t help herself!

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                      Participant
                      12067 posts Send Private Message

LOL that’s funny!! Yeh, hope your GF knows its just a ‘dutch’ thing

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My Maryann is jealous of my girlfriend