Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My lion head rabbit suddenly has one floppy ear

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • BooBoo
      Participant
      3 posts Send Private Message

Hi all! So I have a male lion head rabbit that is almost 8 months old and he got neutered about a month ago. He has healed great from that and seems to be doing great over all. Last night I noticed that he was hanging one of his ears down, he does this occasionally and then puts it back up and holds his ears in all different ways honestly lol. He’s a character!
        This morning I noticed that same ear was hanging down, and it has been all day into tonight. My husband and I examined it and felt it inside and out and didn’t notice anything different about. He also didn’t mind us touching it at all so that makes me believe it does not hurt. I’m just looking to see if anyone has ever dealt with this and if it is something to be concerned about or not. Thanks!

• LBJ10
        16870 posts Send Private Message

Considering his age, he could have a little bit of lop mixed in there somewhere. This tends to show later than in lop eared babies.

• BooBoo
            Participant

I keep hearing that, so I’m thinking that’s got to be it! I checked inside his ear and it’s really clean and he is acting completely normal! Thanks for replying! 🙂

• Plumped Cuddly Bunnies
            Blocked
            103 posts Send Private Message

I don’t think its anything to worry about. I call one of my bunnies booboo it just came to me one day when I was cuddling her and I have been calling her that name since.

• BooBoo
                Participant

Great, thank you for your input! I really appreciate it.
                  my dad has always called me boo since I was a little little girl and my niece gave me the extended nickname of auntie BooBoo❤️

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My lion head rabbit suddenly has one floppy ear