Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR my carnivor bunny

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • freiheit
      Participant
      63 posts Send Private Message

I’ve got my rabbit since a week or two now, and he has that wierd habbit of chewing on my clothes…when I’m wearing them! It’s cute when he’s just tugging on your jeans ‘n stuff, but he’s starting to bite, his most recent victim? My poor thum  it hurts.

And the wierd thing is, he’s not bitting because we’re bothering him, he’ll often just walk up to us when we’re sitting arround. I don’t know why he does it, he seems like a pretty happy bunny, running and jumping arround all the time, so I can’t figure out what’s frustrating him… or maybe he just doesn’t know better? Anyone else had that problem? Because I’ve been reading arround a lot and I haven’t heard of any human eating behavior

• ScooterandAnnette
        Participant
        1090 posts Send Private Message

It’s likely his way of saying HEY! Stupid big old bunny you’re not paying enough attention to me! Or, HEY! Stupid big old bunny you need to move you’re in my way!

Ours do it too. I keep thinking that someone overhearing me talking to them, who didn’t know what was going on, would really wonder when I kept saying “Stop eating my pants!”
          – Annette

• MarkBun
          Participant
          2842 posts Send Private Message

He wants attention. Buns are social animals so he wants you to interact with him. Sometimes this is true even if when you go to pet him, he hops away. Although not the norm for buns, my Maryann loves to play a chase game with me. She’ll be all ‘pet me pet me pet me’ and when I go to pet her, she hops away a few feet then turns around and waits for me to go to her so she can hop away again.

Dono, however, feels the chase game is a ‘I”m going to have bunny stew’ game and runs away actually afraid. So I try to keep Maryann and my game in another room.

Also, buns get a bit more nippy when they hit puberty and try to assert their dominance over you.

• LittlePuffyTail
            18092 posts Send Private Message

My male Mini-Rex started doing this a while before I got him neutered but he has since stopped it. Now he only bites when he’s mad at me!

• Princess*Smudge
              Participant
              285 posts Send Private Message

Smudge used to do this to me when I was sitting with her on the couch. She would just crawl up onto me and nip/bite my clothes and unfortunately my skin in the process. I found that it was usually her way of saying “pay attention to me” or would even happen while she was trying to “groom” me. I found that making a high pitched EEK noise really helped her realize she was hurting me! If she tried again I would EEK and then hold her head down gently to remind her that I am in charge and reinforce that I didn’t like that.

• freiheit
                Participant
                63 posts Send Private Message

markusdark: you meen my rabbit is having teenage drama syndrom? lol he’s a baby though, 10 weeks old maybe?

thanks for all the feedback guys, at least now I know it’s normal, and I’ll try your trick Samantha.

• MarkBun
                  Participant
                  2842 posts Send Private Message

10 weeks is just around the beginning of teenage time so yup, he has angst. Just be glad he can’t get his tongue pierced.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR my carnivor bunny