Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my bunny’s feet are yellow

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • Ert000
      Participant
      130 posts Send Private Message

Hi, my bunny 6 months, unsterilization. Today I saw a yellow stain on one of my rabbit’s back legs. But not on the other leg. Is this a pee stain? Or is it a scalding urine? Should i worry? I’m adding a picture.

Love for animals is the escape of human from human..

• tobyluv
        Participant
        3310 posts Send Private Message

It’s possible that he is sitting in his litter box on top of wet litter, and that is what stained his foot.  If he is free range, it’s also possible that there was a small, unnoticed spill of some liquid on a kitchen floor (if he goes there) and he hopped through that.  Try to clean the litter box whenever there is a wet area and keep the litter as dry as possible to see if that keeps him from getting wet feet.  Since he is 6 months old and not neutered, he might be spraying urine, although that wouldn’t necessarily go on his foot.  Keep an eye on him and make sure he isn’t straining when he pees, which would indicate a problem and need a vet visit.  But  unless you see some problem, it seems the most likely cause is that he is sitting in wet litter.

• Ert000
            Participant

Doesn’t have trouble peeing. But still I was worried. It looks like a pee stain to me too.

• LBJ10
            16907 posts Send Private Message

It looks like a urine stain to me. Since he’s young, the most logical explanation is he is sitting in dirty litter.

• Ert000
                Participant

It looks like a pee stain to me too. I clean my bunny’s toilet every day. 🤦🤦

• LBJ10

What kind of litter are you using? Some types aren’t as absorbent as others.

• Ert000
                    Participant

I use rodent shavings. I live in Turkey. Rodent sand is very difficult to find and expensive in Turkey. I have to use rodent shavings. 😐😐

• LBJ10

Can you use cat litter? A lot of people have good luck with compressed paper (e.g. Yesterday’s News) or pine (e.g. Feline Pine) pellet litter. It’s sold as cat litter, so something similar may be easier to find. Just don’t use clay or clumping cat litter. It should be compressed paper or pine pellets.

• Ert000
                        Participant

I know cat litter is poisonous to rabbits. I am using it, actually i am satisfied. But sometimes shifts the shavings as my bunny jump. I’m afraid of using cat products. I can’t add a picture.. I wanted to show the product i use. You can search on Google by typing in Turkish “kemirgen talaşı”

• Ert000
                          Participant

I’m trying to add a picture but there is a problem. Let me share the picture link.

Picture 1

Picture 2

• Bam
                          16877 posts Send Private Message

I looked up kemirgen talasi, it looks like wood shavings. This is the picture I found:

Wood shavings are safe, but they do tend to make a mess because it gets everywhere.

The product LBJ suggests is made of paper and has no additives (no clay or sand). This type of litter is bunny safe and looks like in this picture:

• Ert000
                              Participant

Yes, rodent shavings correct picture. Rodent sawdust is used widely in Turkey. I’ve never seen what you said before. No compressed toilet paper in Turkey. But i found the pine pellet, the price is cheaper. Rodent shavings yes polluting a lot,  but i use it because it is safe. Is pine pellet really safe for rabbits??

• Bam
                              16877 posts Send Private Message

I have used pine pellets for my buns for many years. The type I use is the kind that are used for heating houses. Most of the potentially harmful compounds in pine evaporate during the pellet manufacturing process. Wood stove pellets are kiln dried.

Whether there’s enough left to be harmful depends on the bun’s living situation. If the bun has lots of space and ventilation is good, pine pellets are a good option. If the bun is caged in a small-ish cage for most of the day, I think I’d choose another type of litter.

Pine shavings should not be used.

• Ert000
                                  Participant

My bunny there is a big living space and spends 6-8 hours a day outside. The door to its room is always open. Turkey but in the winter cold, summer hot country. Windows closed in winter and summer. Air conditioner is on in summer. Do you think pine pellet is suitable?

I do not keep my rabbit in a cage. I bought its a dog park. Lives in a large dog park.

Is sawdust a bad option? 😐😐

• LBJ10

I think saw dust would be messy and could cause respiratory problems. Compressed pine pellets are probably a safer option. If he’s kept in a pen, I think there should be plenty of air circulating.

• Ert000
                                      Participant

I understand, thanks 😊😊

• Ert000
                                      Participant

I have a new topic and a new question. I am waiting there🙈

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my bunny’s feet are yellow