Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My bunny wants to be alone

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • Vicky
      Participant
      205 posts Send Private Message

Hello

I don’t know if it’s usual behavior in bunny. But last two days my bunny just wants to be alone.

I always call her to come to me, to cuddle, lay down with me but she refuses. She just lays on her own in her room and won’t come to living room.

I don’t know if it could be because it’s too hot or so.

I’m home all day and she used to lay with me and watch TV and now I’m concerned she won’t even come all day.

Nothing changed in her appetite, she is healthy bunny.

Will it be back like it was or?

Thank you for advice

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

A sudden change in behavior can be a sign of some pain or discomfort. Maybe she has a bit of gas?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Vicky
          Participant

Hmm, I’m not sure as she is okay now in the evening.

Its true that something did upset her tummy because she had softer stool. Kinda like cecotropes. But besides that she acts normal.

Maybe it is really the heat. But she is just all day alone in room. Before she at least laid next to me in another room.

• DanaNM
            8935 posts Send Private Message

The heat can be really hard on them. How warm is it?

You can give her a frozen water bottle or some cool tiles to lay on. Mine buns tend to start getting really uncomfortable in the high 70’s, and around 80 buns can start overheating.

Have there been any changes in her diet?

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Vicky
                Participant

It is like 35 degrees of Celsius outside and inside we have like 30. So it is really hot.

I gave her frozen water bottle but she won’t lay next to it. The only way we cool her down is a fan in a room and wet towel

• Wick & Fable
                5782 posts Send Private Message

How old is she? Some rabbits regulate to a “chill” activity period during the large majority of the day, as that’s when they usually sleep. It can be a very different energy-schedule than a younger rabbit who, like a human child, defies the laws of when they “should” be asleep versus awake.

All this being said, it is best to first discount health concerns before considering it as normative behavior change.

The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.

• Vicky
                    Participant

She is 9 months old.

It is really hot, it is like 35 degrees of Celsius outside. Inside we have like 30.

We try to cool her down but she won’t lay next to frozen bottle only when I cool her down with my hand and cold wet towel.

She is not letargic at all so I doubt it’s a health issue

• Bam
                    16878 posts Send Private Message

You can dip your hands in cool water and wet her ears with your wet hands. Rabbits thermoregulate in hot weather primarily via their ears.

• Vicky
                        Participant

Ah yes good I have been doing that thank you♥️

• Susanne
                        Participant
                        419 posts Send Private Message

Hi, from what I’ve read you’re up to a dangerous temperature for rabbits. If there is a portable A/C or anything for her room it would be good. I think they are at a pretty serious risk of overheating over 80 degrees F, and you’re at 86.

• Vicky
                            Participant

Yes this was what I was scared about 🥺 it’s just too hot here.

Would it be enough if I cool her with my wet hands, cold towel etc.

And I have fan in the room I don’t have ac unfortunately

• LBJ10
                            16908 posts Send Private Message

Yes, that is a bit warm for inside. I can see why she isn’t wanting to do much.

• Vicky
                                Participant

I try my best for her. I try to cool her down always but sometimes she doesn’t even want to.

Today it got a bit colder and luckily she came back to herself more again.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My bunny wants to be alone