Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My bunny Reese passed away today a few hours ago

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • valej96
      Participant
      10 posts Send Private Message

My bunny Reese passed this morning so unexpectedly. He was barely 8 weeks old and I had just gotten him two days ago. He was so lively and so full of joy. He liked to jump on my lap and when I was laying down he’d cuddle up to me around my neck and lick my face. He was so loving and seemed to be doing fine! He had been eating lots of orchard and oat hay since my housemate is allergic to Timothy hay and he also had pellets and I would refill his water often. This morning when my fiancée woke up to go to work he saw Reese eating and drinking water. When I woke up about an hour and a half later, I couldn’t find him at all until I searched under this hidey-ledge and he was stretched out way in the corner between the cage corner and this bed stiff and dead . I just can’t stop thinking about what went wrong. We normally sleep with the window open in our bedroom which is were we kept Reese As well. We have to leave the window at least cracked open because the thermostat in our apartment is broken and the heat just stays on in max heat. In his cage there was a warm fuzzy bed and a blanket and we even cover the top and most of the sides of the cage before we go to sleep so that it doesn’t get too cold and he was super active before we went to sleep and the morning when my fiancée checked on him before going for work. What could have happened? Was it the cold? Because of the way he was tucked away in the corner between his bed and the corner and under the ledge on his cage it makes me think he was cold. But if not, could it have been a heart attack? We even gave him filtered water ;(. It’s so hard because I’ve never had a bunny before and he was so small and fragile and he was my responsibility and apart of our family and I just can’t stop thinking about how I could’ve done things better. He was so young I am not sure how to cope with this.

• LongEaredLions
        Participant
        4482 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for your loss of Reese. Try not to blame yourself too much, sometimes these things just happen and we can’t know why. You sound like you did a lot of research and took great care of him even in the very short time he was with you. Hugs <3

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

I can’t even imagine what you must be going through. To have been imagining years of memories, just to have him taken from you so quickly. I am so sorry for your loss. It really isn’t anything you’ve done. You seem like you were doing everything or him. (((((Reese)))))

• Flakie
            Participant
            148 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry to hear about your lovely bunny passing over the rainbow ? bridge.

I lost my bunny 2 weeks ago so can understand your grief. Sending you big hugs x

• Luna
              Participant
              2219 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry about your bun. When they cross Rainbow Bridge at such a young age, it is usually something genetic or heart-related or being weaned too early (though 8 weeks is not too early). Buns can actually handle cold temperature well, as long as the temperature does not change suddenly (ie. going from heated indoors to snowy outdoors).

Binky free Reese

• Gordo and Janice
                Participant
                703 posts Send Private Message

I agree that it was likely out of your control and you cared for him appropriately. And it seems like he was very happy with his short time with you. It adds to the heartache when they are so young, innocent, and precious.

Sorry for such a “no answers” loss.

Binky free (((Reese)))

• MountainBuns
                  Participant
                  513 posts Send Private Message

I am deeply sorry for your loss, Reese seemed like he would make an amazing companion. He was only a baby and he did not deserve to leave this earth so early. It happens and it can be the most frustrating thing when you think everything is all right and the the next day you lose it all in such a short amount of time. Me and Caroline send our condolences to you and your roommate.

Binky free among the stars, sweet Reese. You will be missed.

• MountainBuns
                    Participant
                    513 posts Send Private Message

I am deeply sorry for your loss, Reese seemed like he would make an amazing companion. He was only a baby and he did not deserve to leave this earth so early. It happens and it can be the most frustrating thing when you think everything is all right and the the next day you lose it all in such a short amount of time. Me and Caroline send our condolences to you and your roommate.

Binky free among the stars, sweet Reese. You will be missed.

• valej96
                      Participant
                      10 posts Send Private Message

Thank you to everyone for such sweet replies <3. It warms my heart to hear such kind words. Reese was an incredible bunny and he will be forever missed. I think I have come to terms with his loss and you are all right, it was probably something out of my control . Little bun friends are truly incredible, they make you feel so much and offer so much love unconditionally. 

• bunnytowne
                        Participant
                        7537 posts Send Private Message

Vale you are so right so right yes.  Little buns offer so much and have so much potential.  Dont give up on yourselves.  It was just a freak thing.  Weird crazy things happen that they leave this earth too early.  And sometimes we just never understand the why behind it all.  

I offer you my condolences.  No matter if  it was 11 years or 11 weeks or less they still  mean so much to us.  Please no guilt ok.   We just never know when or what  may have caused this.   Yes genetics may have a whole lot to do with his early demise.  

I know its heartbreaking.  If there were signs of problems  you would have taken him to a vet I know it.  Dont beat yourselves up please.  It doesnt do any good.  Things happen.  Freak crazy unexplainable things happen.  

Take care of yourselves and know you did your best.  It was just his time for some strange reason.  So sorry.  I know it hurts.  Hey remember this.   He had your love.  

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum RAINBOW BRIDGE My bunny Reese passed away today a few hours ago