Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My bunny pees on my bed

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • Fritter parent Avern
      Participant
      13 posts Send Private Message

She just started doing this I had her for a month before this and only recently has she been peeing on my bed

• Bam
        16883 posts Send Private Message

How old is your bun? If she’s starting puberty, this could be about pee marking. If this is the case, getting her spayed could help, but it’s not a guarantee.

Unfortunately, rabbits do like to pee on soft things, like beds and sofas and blankets. There is no easy solution to this. The best thing is to block the bun’s access to the bed. This should be done even if she is young and you plan on having her spayed later, because its important that she doesnt get into the habit of peeing on the bed. Habits are hard to break.

• LBJ10
          16919 posts Send Private Message

You’ve only had her a month? Sounds to me that perhaps she is just becoming more comfortable and has decided to start “claiming” new territory. Bunnies are notorious for wanting to pee on soft surfaces, especially ones that smell strongly of their human.

• Fritter parent Avern
              Participant
              13 posts Send Private Message

Well I’m glad she is getting more comfortable but sad she is choosing to express that by peeing on my bed lol. (good thing I was smart enough to keep a waterproof mattress protector on my bed lol).

• DanaNM
              8948 posts Send Private Message

Yeah some buns just like to pee on soft things and beds especially. I know one member would put a shower curtain under a thin blanket on top of the bed. It helped protect the bedding, but also blocked the scent of the bed so the bun marked less as well. There are also lots of water proof puppy blankets available now that might serve the same purpose.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

• Dally
                Participant
                49 posts Send Private Message

My bun did the same thing. I got a protective cover for my bed and blocked off that area of my room.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My bunny pees on my bed