Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my bunny just got spayed….

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • annette Sibert
      Participant
      48 posts Send Private Message

And I’m just wondering if any of you have any helpfull  tips on how to best care for her.  She seems to be doing ok, and took her medicine fine.  She has plenty of food,water,  and hay.  Her mouth twitches frequently, then her butt twitches, and I hope that doesn’t mean she’s in severe pain or something.

Any advice through personal experiences is welcome!

1111105666571.jpg
        1111105677454.jpg
        1111105682158.jpg
        1111105683729.jpg

• Beka27
        Participant
        16016 posts Send Private Message

My Meadow was spayed on Monday.  it was a really scary day and a half because she didn’t eat, or use the bathroom, and i had to have my husband help hold her down to give her the medicine.  we just made sure she had everything she needed and we left her alone, while keeping an eye on her.  now she’s doing much better.  i think just the medication and quiet time should be good.  is she eating anything or pooping/peeing yet?

• Sarita
          Participant
          18851 posts Send Private Message

She’s so pretty – Beka27 gave good advice.

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

What a cute bun you have! To best take care of a bun after surgery, keep an eye on her to make sure that she is eating food and drinking water. Sometimes bunnies will not eat or drink until the next day because they are sleepy from the surgery, and might be a bit uncomfortable. However, if she is not eating at the end of the next day, then you might need to get an eye dropper to get some water and pellet/water mix into her mouth. If she’s not eating, also try offering cilantro, parsley, or treats that might tempt her to eat.

Other than that, make sure she stays in her cage, and also, if her litterbox has high edges, consider using her carrier (without the door) as a litterbox so she can walk in and out easily instead of hopping over the side of her box which may cause some injury to her surgery area. Make sure for about 2 days at least she stays in her cage and doesn’t go running or hopping around so that she doesn’t injure herself.

I hope that she is feeling ok, and she will soon be back to her happy self!

• annette Sibert
              Participant
              48 posts Send Private Message

Actually, Peanut is doing amazingly well, I’m almost worried that she is being too active. She’s almost more active 1 day after her spay than she ever has been! I’m so confused… and I really don’t want her to hurt her self but I can’t stop her from praire- dogging stretching and hopping around in her cage. She tries to dig at some cardboard box I set in there for her to lay on, and I know that is not good for her tender abdomen muscles. And she keeps ripping up paper phonebook ( she never showed interest in it before) which I know is not good for her incision area because of the pulling up motion.
                She’s eating and drinking very well, and going to the bathroom normally. She show’s no sign of discomfort at all, except red-rimmed eyes and sometimes she looks a little sleepy after I give her her medicine. Other than that, she practically begs to be let out of her cage. I’m happy and worried at the same time…..

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

She probably wouldn’t be so active if she was hurting or tender. I would just keep her confined to her condo for a few days – don’t think there’s much you can do about her new found fun activities in her condo area. She sounds like she’s doing great to me.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                  Participant
                  2517 posts Send Private Message

Updates on your little girl, Nibblebunny?

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my bunny just got spayed….