Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My Bunny is so Picky that…..

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
    • MooBunnay
      Participant
      3087 posts Send Private Message

One of my favorite things about my bunnies is how they adopt a spoiled little bun rabbitude I know that lots of other buns have the same thing – just wondering what everyone else’s little buns demand!  Here are my buns pickiest demands:

Kramer – Is so picky that he only eats veg that is at ROOM temperature from the garden, none of that refridgerated from the store stuff!

Juli – Is so picky that she will give me the bunny bum/silent treatment if she is not the first bun I pet upon arriving home

Raymond – He’s not adopted the picky attitude yet, however, he has a funy habit of refusing to come out of his tent tunnel until I ask him too!

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
        Participant
        2517 posts Send Private Message

My bun knows what I’m telling him when I tell him to get in his cage or to stop doing something, but rather than doing what he’s told, he tends to just stare at me and wiggle his little nose in defiance! If my father tries to put him away (I mooch off of my parents; it’s too damn expensive to live in SoCal!), he gets defensive! He does what I can only describe as little bunny roundhouse kicks and such.

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Haha, that is one of my favorite bunny moves – the Defiant Wiggly Nose! My bunnies do that when I say “No,” when I call their names to come, when I say “go to your cage”, ummm pretty much when I say anything I guess!

• Gravehearted
            Participant
            2428 posts Send Private Message

Hareiette often glares at you doing any activity she doesn’t approve of! She’s a royal princess.

that’s so funny about Kramer and the veggies = gimmie the good stuff!

• wendyzski
              Participant
              1312 posts Send Private Message

I had to laugh at my little princess bun.  I’ve taken her out on her harness and lead a couple of times, and while she will sit and nibble on the grass, when she feels like "traveling" she uses the sidewalk!  She started to settle under the bushes at one point and seemingly realized that it would mess up her nice white belly, so she hopped out and sat on the grass and groomed her dainty white feets.  What a girly-girl!

• BinkyBunny
                8776 posts Send Private Message

Bailey is the pickiest of all. She is very picky about what’s in her litterbox and if she something is not right, she’ll dig it out. She’s very picky where her blue hidey house is placed. I have put it down, and then the next day she managed to move it completely over and around. She’s very picky about how you start to pet her. Head first or she’ll raise her loppy ears up and turn and give me the stink eye.

• cookie627
                  Participant
                  387 posts Send Private Message

cookie isn’t that picky. thank the lord!

• Hedi
                    Participant
                    969 posts Send Private Message

Carrera is the oldest bun and is the head bun of the house so she demands to be given food and treats before any other rabbits. She usually tries to demand extras and she gets mad if she doesnt get them.

• poopy
                      Participant
                      684 posts Send Private Message

Medusa turns her back at me (disapproves) no matter what I do. That’s just how buns are- disapproving nature.

• Buster
                        Participant
                        1 posts Send Private Message

Buster and tinkerbell demand baby sweetcorn, grapes and dandelions! If they dont get them they hop away from you.

• x liddo bunny x
                          Participant
                          314 posts Send Private Message

OMG!!!!! my bunnies hate stuff on the top floor!!!!! (it is their lounge area)i had a slinky there and OMG they put it in their mouth and threw it over the edge…… i am not kidding.. not only that…. i placed a ball there and when they saw me put something there they hopped up… sniffed it to see if it was food and then once they have discovered it wasnt… they nudge it to the edge and off…. – -” and another thing… when i put their food bowl up there they will finish eating what is inside or till they had their fill and push it over and off the edge…. – -” and if they find it on the second floor and it is not their litterbox… off the plank it goes too!!!!!! i tried another experiment and taped the slinky to the top of their cage and left it hanging on the first floor and to my amazement…. mochi and emo tried to pull it off… and when i held it and they couldnt… they gave me that mean look that tells u “imma poo extra out of the litterbox cuz u did that!” next thing i know after i left the room and left the slinky there, the slinky was on the floor and there was a little pile of poo on the second floor waiting for me… and when i came back she climbed to the top floor and just looked at me…. like “look see what u made me do?” sigh…. FINE!!! NOTHING ON THE TOP FLOOR!!!!!!! i get it i get it!!!!

• BinkyBunny
                            8776 posts Send Private Message

Our bunnies antics can really be smart and goofy. I know I have to really make sure treats and foods are completely out of reach because Rucy will hijack an area way up high and scavenge through everything. Last night she and Jack committed a Banana Bust and freed a banana from what I thought was a a safe location. I am watching extra carefully for digestive issues now, and it’s hay all the way today!

• skunklionshow
                              Participant
                              1257 posts Send Private Message

Jessica totally prefers (that’s the nice way to say picky) her top floor lounge area.  I think its so she can keep her "stink eye" on me.  Leo seems to prefer an upstairs lounge area as well.  Jessi also prefers her hay next to her litterbox.  If I put it on the "food level", she throws it off that shelf.  It took me a while to get the message!

• x liddo bunny x
                                Participant
                                314 posts Send Private Message

hahaha we have such picky buns. as for binky bunny, she just has theives!!! =P

• Spacehopper
                                  Participant
                                  540 posts Send Private Message

Brian loves to have his peas shelled or at least split open so he can then just pull out the nice juicy peas, then he leaves the pods, whereas Bettie grabs the whole lot and tucks in. Talk about fussy..lol

• Scarlet_Rose
                                    Participant
                                    4293 posts Send Private Message

Spacehopper, what kind of peas do you feed him? They usually are not good for them and I would recommend not feeding them to him. They are high in starches that can cause digestive problems, bloating and gas which can be deadly. But feeding them the pea plant (leaves & stems) is OK, just not the peas themselves.  Or is a pea something else entirely in Britain?

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My Bunny is so Picky that…..