Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR my bunny is peeing everywhere!! HELP!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    • puffkins :]
      Participant
      5 posts Send Private Message

Okay, so my bunny Puff is about a year and a half now.  She is the only animal that i have and there has been nothing new that happened, but she now pees all over her cage, even in her house!! She was litter trained but for the past month or so she hasnt been using her litter pan. She isn’t spayed or anything,and i dont know what to do!! Please help me!! :[

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

Have you had her checked for a urinary tract infection? I would also recommend getting her spayed as well.

If it’s not a UTI or any other medical problem then I would suggest that you consider getting her spayed as this will help with this issue.

Participant

okay. thank you so much.

but, how do bunnies get a UTI ?

• MooBunnay
            Participant
            3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello Stacie & Puff!

Are you able to clean up the pee as soon as it gets outside the litterbox? If you spray it with vinegar it is very easy to clean up. The reason I ask is because maybe Puff now thinks that she can pee anywhere because she’s been doing it for awhile. Try cleaning up the pee right away, but before you clean it up, get some on a cotton ball and put it into her litterbox to remind her that is where the pee goes.

Also – what areas of the cage is she peeing in? Is it the corners of the cage and in her house? For some reason I have noticed that bunnies like to pee in corners of the cage, and if that is what she is doing, you can try adding another litterbox to a corner that she frequents. Did you change the litter at all? She might now like the new smell and avoid the litterbox also.

What kind of diet does your bun have? Did a friend come to visit you that had a pet? Did you give your bunny any new items in her cage? If you can give us a little more info on where she pees around the cage that might help.

I hope that we can help you fix this

Participant

I have never tried to clean it up right after she peed, i never really thought of it. If i saw her peeing outside her litterbox i would yell no and put her in her litterbox. I guess that could be the problem.  She pees everywhere in the cage, like literally – on her house, in her house, inbetween her house and her litterpan, in her litterpan – EVERYWHERE!! :[ I did get new litter but she was fine with it the first week, i guess she changed.  Puff’s diet is hay everyday, a little helping of pellets in the morning, and usually some raspberries or pieces of apples every other day.  No, a friend did not come to visit that had a pet and no new items in her cage. 

But tomorrow im taking her to a vet to get her checked out. 

Do you think Puff could die from this?!!?

• Floppy
                Participant
                490 posts Send Private Message

I would get her spayed, I think that would help her, not only will it stop her from marking
                  her territory…(lets just hope it’s that) but also it will be beneficial to her health in the future.
                  Good luck, update us on what the vet says!

Participant

the vet said it could just be hormonal because she is so young.

its amazing that Puff pees so much at home that, and when left at the vets, she doesnt pee at all!! haha

but for now, she is healthy until the vet checks out the urine we bring in monday.

lets hope for the best!!

• Sarita
                    Participant
                    18851 posts Send Private Message

That’s good – she is cute. Might talk to the vet then about getting her spayed since she is being hormonal.

Participant

thanks for all the help you guys!

• skunklionshow
                        Participant
                        1257 posts Send Private Message

Jessica has toggled w/ her litterbox skills.  However, she became the litterbox queen after getting spayed.  Lately we’ve been having a potty problem since I built an addition on her cage.  But I think that spaying/neutering is incrediably helpful w/ pee marking.

• Gravehearted
                          Participant
                          2428 posts Send Private Message

glad you were able to get her into the vet. Hope she will be ok.

I would also echo the other suggestions – please please get her spayed. Uterine cancer rates in unspayed females are 85%! Clearly you love your bunny and she will be happier and healthier if you have her spayed.

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR my bunny is peeing everywhere!! HELP!