Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A My bunnies BONDED

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
    • Thumpers_Mom
      Participant
      171 posts Send Private Message

:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo:dancingorig::woohoo

I have bonded bunnies! Thumper and Peaches have been living together for the last 4 days 3nights! I have built them a new cage and they are loving it. :party0002:(I’m not finished yet)

I’m hoping that with time Thumper will stop mounting Peaches. :headsmack..thankfully, she is sooo very patient with him.:bunnyheart

Here are some pics of my two cuties!

I’ll post more pics of the finished cage soon!

:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart:bunny18:bunnyheart

• Scarlet_Rose
        Participant
        4293 posts Send Private Message

Woohoo yay!!!! Congrats! That is such a wonderful accomplishment in happy bunny bliss!

• xnovalentine
          Participant
          309 posts Send Private Message

awe that is great you’ve finally got them bonded! Congrads! They are so cute! And great job on the new cage. I’ve been thinking of making one for lullabelle — but shes got an entire room to herself, what does she need a fancy cage for? LOL. I also have no where to put it…hmm.

• JK
            Participant
            2223 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations – that’s awesome they are bonded!  I love your cage! OK now I think I need a 2nd floor to mine!  I have one of those 2+’ by 4′ ones and also an xpen attached.  But Edson likes to hop on top of the cage and this might be really great to add on to.  Plus he could look out the window!  Could I successfully build a cube contraption on the top of my current cage?  The top actually completely comes off. I bet I could.  Are these the NIC cubes?

• Thumpers_Mom
              Participant

Thx guys…I am so happy that they have bonded. I didn’t like them having to take turns being out…now they are out all day (while we are home). I return to work and the boys to school tomorrow so I am a bit worried that they might be sad that they will be in their cage all morning (till about 3pm). But I think it is plenty roomy enough.

Scarlet Rose…I had my doubts at times but I am sooo happy that I kept going.

xnovalentine…I wish I had a room I could dedicate to my buns! What a lucky Lullabelle.

knowltons4…Yup, these are the NIC cubes. The top of their cage opens up for easy cleaning but I cannot leave it open because Peaches will jump out. My guys do love the 2n level though..they run Bunny 500’s on the 2nd level…Too Cute!

• Scarlet_Rose
                Participant
                4293 posts Send Private Message

I am so thrilled to pieces you kept at it! Now look at them, sooo cute!

• JK
                  Participant

One more question!  What are the approximate dimensions of this cage????

• Thumpers_Mom
                    Participant

Scarlet Rose, they are precious…just wish Thumper would stop the mounting already!

Knowltons4…The dimensions are 75″ (6 ft 3″) by 30″ (2 ft 6″)…

• JK
                      Participant

Great.  It’ll take a little imagination here if the panels are 15" square and my width is 24".  Thanks for the info!

• Sarita
                        Participant
                        18851 posts Send Private Message

Congratulations! The mounting may not stop for awhile so just be patient. He’s just being a rabbit and it is annoying to us but apparently Peaches is fine with it.

• sarah bowden
                          Participant
                          85 posts Send Private Message

That is so exciting!! What a great way to start the new year.
                            My buns have been bonded for a little over a month and Helen will still occasionally mount Gus. Particularly while they are waiting for there breakfast.
                            I think as long as Peaches doesn’t mind you shouldn’t worry…………

• Thumpers_Mom
                            Participant

thx guys!

Knowltons4…all you have to do is overlap the panels to whatever width you desire. Good Luck!

Sarita & Sbunny…The only thing I am worried about is if she decides that she is not ok with it at a time when I am not there. Like when I am at work and the boys are at school. Throughout the day, he is not too much of a pain, but at night and in the morning he is just too much!

• BunnyLugs
                              Participant
                              117 posts Send Private Message

Well done you! Did it take long? It’s fantastic when the fruits of your labour pay off. Congrats and happy ’08 to you all x

• Lisa_43
                                Participant
                                1499 posts Send Private Message

Excellent and well done that is a big accomplishment, give yourself a pat on the back.

• JK
                                  Participant

Oh great.  That’ll work then.  Thanks.

• (dig)x(me)x(now)
                                    Participant
                                    2517 posts Send Private Message

Congrats! Good to know that your bunnies (and you!) seem to be doing well!

• Thumpers_Mom
                                      Participant

Thx everyone…hehehe

Bunnylugs…it took I think about 7 weeks and a lot of patience! I truly do recommend bunny dating. The girl that I had originally in mind for Thumper was WAY too dominant. I truly doubt that they would have bonded. It was hate at first sight for her.

Rachel: Haven’t seen you around in a bit! Nice you have you and Frankie back!

*jackie

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A My bunnies BONDED