Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my bun ate part of a bagel

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    • amygabrielle
      Participant
      8 posts Send Private Message

One of my girls left a part of a cinnamon raisin bagel on the coffee table yesterday and our bun got a hold of it.  I found her chomping away happily.  I took the bagel away dispite her growling at me.  Our bun did eat a dinner of cilantro, so I know she was feeling ok yesterday evening, and I saw her in the hay/litterbox before I went to bed.  She didn’t eat too much of the bagel, but this morning she’s not looking too happy.  Usually, I’m greeted by a very hungry bun looking for breakfast.  She had no interest, and now she’s curled under the couch.  I’m thinking if she doesn’t perk up or eat something soon, it’s off to the vet.   Anyone’s bun ever eat bread before?

• Sarita
        Participant
        18851 posts Send Private Message

I have never had one of my rabbits eat bread but I would just watch her and if she doesn’t seem any better then she may need a trip to the vet.

• Deleted User
          Participant
          22064 posts Send Private Message

Bread and baked goods can be very harmful to a rabbit because of all that starch. If she does not eat by noon, take her to the vet.

• amygabrielle
            Participant

So it looks like she’s got stasis. We’re treating it, and hoping for the best. She’s finally drinking water if I give it to her on a spoon, and she passed some poops and pee. We’ve got her as comfy as we can with her fav mat and a heating pad under her fav blanket to keep her warm. Ay. Our poor Queen bun.

• Dee
              Participant
              704 posts Send Private Message

Wow, their tummies are so sensitive, it’s scary. I have teenagers, who are notoriously messy eaters, and I live in fear of them leaving some kind of food laying around for the buns to gobble up. They’ve already gotten ahold of a chocolate chip cookie, but fortunately didn’t like it too much so they only nibbled at it. I think most bunnies manage to find and eat some forbidden people food sooner or later, especially with kids in the house.

Have you taken her to the vet? When BunBun got GI stasis, I took him to the vet 1st thing in the morning, and we still almost lost him. If you have given your bunny simethicone (in case she has gas) and some nice belly rubs and she still hasn’t recovered quickly, I would definitely take her to the vet ASAP. Sometimes they need painkillers, motility drugs and subQ fluids to get their bellies going again- that’s what BunBun needed. It’s good that your bun has pooped/peed, but she could still be in lots of pain. BunBun did a few poops during the 1st couple hours of his bout of GI stasis, but it still got really bad.

I hope your bunny gets better quickly!

• Sarita
                Participant
                18851 posts Send Private Message

Yes, have you gotten the bunny to the vet?

Vibes to your bunny.

• amygabrielle
                  Participant

She’s pooped! The nice big soft poops that come after the little hard poops! and she’s nibbling hay and pellets. Thanks to an awesome volunteer with my local rabbit rescue. She brought critical care, simethecone, and her magic touch. I notified the vet and let them know what was up. A trip to the vet would have added a lot of stress since it would have meant a trip there and back on the subway. If I couldn’t care for her at home then I would have made the trip. Bun is a fighter. She’s a survivor and a rescue bunny that’s loved by so many people.

• BinkyBunny
                    8776 posts Send Private Message

I am glad to hear you you are ready to run to the vet if need be, but that the extra care from a local rabbit rescue volunteer has helped. Whew.

Sending continued healing full recovery vibes! Keep us updated!

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A my bun ate part of a bagel