Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A My buddy Chuck died last night

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    • luinge
      Participant
      19 posts Send Private Message

Hi Everyone, I had a terrible discovery when I woke up this morning of of dear buddy Chuck dead. I don’t know what happened to him, he is just lying there, in his usual sleeping spot, his eyes and mouth are closed. I don’t think he was sick at all, he was fine last night. My husband thinks maybe he was just old and had a heart attack or something. Hopefully he went peacefully. I’m just sitting here in shock. What do I do now, do I bring him to his vet?

Thanks

• bigsis7
        Participant
        732 posts Send Private Message

Im so sorry for your loss!! If you want to find out what happend and/or get him cremated take him to the vet. So sorry! (((((((hugs)))))))

• kralspace
          Participant
          2663 posts Send Private Message

omg, I’m so sorry about Chuck, that is such a shock. I ditto bigsis, if you want to know, let the vet do an autopsy. I know many places you’re not allowed to bury pets in the yard, I had never thought about cremation.

If you have another bun, I’ve read you need to let him grieve with the body before you remove him. I am so so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he just passed peacefully in his sleep. He knew he was loved very much.

(((soft bunny hugs))) kathy

• bunnytowne
            Participant
            7537 posts Send Private Message

Oh nooo How sad. HE is in peace now. He died in a happy home. Gosh that is something how their death takes us by surprise. I am glad he wasn’t sick.  It was just his time to go. When it is out time we cannot thwart it.  He will be happy to see you again someday. Take it easy on yourselves. Grieve as you need to.

• JK
              Participant
              2223 posts Send Private Message

Oh I am sooooo sooo sorry.  What an awful discovery.  In a way it sounds like he went quickly which if it’s your time is the way to go but I know that hearing that is no help.  I’m not so sure I would personally spend the $ to find out what happened.  Sometimes it’s better not to know as you had no inkling that anything was wrong.  Take care and again I’m sorry.

• Beka27
                Participant
                16016 posts Send Private Message

i’m so sorry. you just got him this past winter right? i think i remember you posting about him.

***Binky Free Chuck!***

• RabbitPam
                  11002 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry about your loss. {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

• MimzMum
                    Participant
                    8029 posts Send Private Message

Oh how sad! I am sorry to hear that you’ve lost your buddy…I think everyone here is right, it was probably just his time.
                      Binky free, Chuck! There are many bunnies at the Rainbow Bridge waiting to welcome you! (((((hugs))))))

• OllieBunnysMamma
                      Participant
                      75 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry! I cannot imagine the shock you must be feeling. My condolences!

• Deleted User
                        Participant
                        22064 posts Send Private Message

I am sorry, (((((Hugs from us))))) I am So so Sorry

• BUNNYFOOFOO823
                          Participant
                          104 posts Send Private Message

Dear Friend,

The passing of a beloved pet is a difficult and trying time for any family. We love our pets and treat them for what they are members of our family. Only a loving pet owner can understand that a pet is more than a companion who patiently waits for you to get home, Chuck was to you what my dogs and bunny are to me, a loving ear that will always listen and someone you can always hold and love unconditionaly without cause or reason simply because they are a beautiful little soul who spends what seems like too short a time on this Earth.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time, I have lost pets in the past that I have loved like no other and i miss them still, but, its reassuring to know that atleast I was fortunate enough to have and care for them, to make them feel safe and loved.

I’m sure you loved Chuck like I live my little TigerLily.

Hugs to you and yours.

— Marilu

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                            Participant
                            12067 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for your loss. It’s shocking to me actually as Chuck looks alot like my Chuck, if your avatar is Chuck.

It’s hard no matter what but when they go without warning or signs and there’s no preparation for heartbreak-it’s that much harder!

Binkyfree Chuck. Hugs for you.

In terms of ‘what now?” you can bring him to the vet for an autopsy if you so desire, or you can bury him in your garden, in a special place.

• TARM
                              Participant
                              1253 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss. 

• LittlePuffyTail
                                18092 posts Send Private Message

Sorry to hear about your bunny. My thoughts are with you.

• Beeslee
                                  Participant
                                  147 posts Send Private Message

So sorry you lost your bun. Lots of hugs to you for this difficult time.

• Scarlet_Rose
                                    Participant
                                    4293 posts Send Private Message

My condolences to you. Binky free Chuck. Yes you can call your vet, and if you wish, you can have a necropsy done to try to figure out what the cause of his passing was, it can be expensive though. They will also cremate the remains for you as well and some provide the urn and a memorial plaque (for a fee). Otherwise, others who own their own homes & property bury their loved one in the back yard. However, if you move, it is hard to take that memorial with you so I really recommend cremation, that way if you move, you can take your guy with you. I also wanted to add that you can also bury your guy at a pet cemetary too, but if you move far away, it is hard to visit them.

• BinkyBunny
                                      8776 posts Send Private Message

You’ve been given good advice as far as what to do now. I just wanted to pass on my condolences. I am so sorry. Bunnies, being prey animals, are excellent at masking problems. Many times the only way you can tell if there is anything wrong is via their poo. And even that is not a fail safe system.

I’m so sorry for your loss. If you do decide to get a necropsy done, keep us updated. It’s something we can all learn from.

• skunklionshow
                                        Participant
                                        1257 posts Send Private Message

I am so sorry for your loss.  My thoughts are w/ you during this difficult time.

• wendyzski
                                          Participant
                                          1312 posts Send Private Message

I’m so sorry for your loss.

• osprey
                                            Participant
                                            2065 posts Send Private Message

Binky Free, Chuck. As others have said, he may have been ill and hiding it, or some unexpected thing like a stroke or a heart problem got him. Just know, there was nothing you could have done. Hugs to you, and lots of feel better vibes coming your way.

Viewing 19 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A My buddy Chuck died last night