Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum BEHAVIOR My baby bunny and I had a breakthrough!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    • annette Sibert
      Participant
      48 posts Send Private Message

Hello everyone!  Something so wonderfull happened last night with me and my baby bunny!  I have to tell everyone cuz I’m so excited!  Seriously! lol

Since this is my first post let me introduce the family.  My boyfriend and I have three lop eared bunnies that we rescued.  First we got Nibbles (my bf considers her "his" bunny, though we love them all to death)  from the humane society (they named her Patches, which sooo does not suit her personality, lol), and we loved her so much and felt so bad for the other bunnies that two weeks later we went back and got my fat bunny and named her Zowie.  She’s such a love, and has a very livley personality, and lives and breathes for her next snack, and has no qualms about stealing the other bunnies’ treats.  Then, a year and a half later we were at a flea market and came across a whole bunch of baby bunnies precariously placed on the top of some cages with a fan, where any little kid could snach them up and hurt them, or they could have jumped off  and broke their fragile little necks.  Anywhoo, neither I nor my bf could leave without rescuing at least one, so I picked out a tiny white one with one ear bent over the top of her head, probably from being cooped up in a tiny cage with all of her brothers, sisters, and cousins piled on top of her.  We named her Peanut and have had her for about a year and a half.  

It seems like no matter how much love and affection we’d lavish on her she still  was so scared to death of us that just a look would send her darting like a maniac into a hiding place.  It has been so sad, you’d think we were abusing her or something.  My bf thinks its just her baby bunny survival instincts, plus she really really needs to get spade…my other ones are and I feel really bad but It hasn’t been feasible for us to get her spade yet, so they are not bonded and it breaks my heart to see Peanut looking at my other two cuddling and licking each other, but not getting any love herself. 

Well, now she’s in heat, and having a phantom pregnancy.  Its pretty bad…the poor thing compulsivley chins everything and pulls out her dulap fur and can’t hop anywhere without spraying a little pee wherever she goes.  And she is very odorous, lol. 

But, on the good side I’ve noticed that her personality and trust issues are changing .  Last night, after waiting so long for the tides of her affection to turn,   she   let   me   pet   her!!!!  For hours!  It was so wonderfull.  She kept nosing me and doing binkies and  flopping over on her back.  She even let me pick her up and cuddle her!  I love her so much, and am so happy for her for finally realizing that bunny pets are actually enjoyable.

This post is entirley too long, but I love reading long posts myself.  And  thanks for recommending  that lagamorph language site, it was awesome!  Now everytime I turn my back to Zowie she immediatly hops over to me and licks my pants in apology .  I will get pictures uploaded soon! 

• Kokaneeandkahlua
        Participant
        12067 posts Send Private Message

OOOOhhhh Yes put up pictures!!!

So glad about your bunny! Dogs and Cats are so very sweet, but when your bunny trusts you-you just know you actually earned i!!!  Congratulations!! 

• MooBunnay
          Participant
          3087 posts Send Private Message

Hello Nibblebunny! Thats so exciting!! I’m glad you shared the story with us. Peanut must be so happy to be doing binkies and flops and everything And its super cute that your BF has “his” bunny – my BF is a rabbit lover as well. I loved hearing the stories about all of the buns – and I am super excited to see pics as well!

• BunMumTiff
            Participant
            241 posts Send Private Message

YAY always great when having a breakthrough we are feelin and experiencing the sme thing over here. Do you have the website you used to look up the lanugugae?

• Scarlet_Rose
              Participant
              4293 posts Send Private Message

Welcome Nibblebunny! It’s great to have you here! That is such an awesome breakthrough, thank you so much for sharing.  It is really inspiring to hear these events bonding with bunnies.  Aren’t they the greatest?

• Floppy
                Participant
                490 posts Send Private Message

http://www.allearssac.org/reading.html
                  this site is decent for bunny language theres another one I saw but I didnt
                  bookmark it, if I find it, I will post it for you guys!

• PocketFaeries
                  Participant
                  81 posts Send Private Message

I’m all smiles in response to reading about your very, very special bunny breakthrough!

You need not worry about post length…I’m like you and when I write, I just gush all over the keyboard whatever is in my mind and heart!

I, too, will look forward to pictures. May you and your little bun be forever in friendship!

• Scarlet_Rose
                    Participant
                    4293 posts Send Private Message

Floppy, you might be thinking of "The Language of Logomorphs"  it is linked in the "LINKS" section up above.  Here it is otherwise:

http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

• kralspace
                      Participant
                      2663 posts Send Private Message

This is SO great! Everyone here kept encouraging me with my shy one and they were right. it’s so wonderful when they decide we’re not going to eat them! I’m so happy for you and the bunnies..

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum BEHAVIOR My baby bunny and I had a breakthrough!