Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A music, tv,etc.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    • DallasDelight
      Participant
      187 posts Send Private Message

I play a lot of music, not normally loud music, never screaming bands or anything. Usually country or pop..something naturally more calm and quiet. But does it bother them anyway?

• BinkyBunny
        8776 posts Send Private Message

I always prefer to keep my music low around them. (even in their bunny room, I play calm peaceful music sometimes, but I keep it very low – I cup my ears to see how loud it “actually” might sound to them to help me gage how low it needs to be. Their ears are very sensitive. However, they love to come sit with us where the TV is, and that is at just a normal level, and it doesn’t seem to really bother them much, but they also have the option to leave if they want. I don’t think I would keep them some place where they could not get away from music/tv.

If I want to listen to music louder, i usually just bring in my ipod and lsten to it through ear plugs.

• Beka27
          Participant
          16016 posts Send Private Message

i have an (almost) five year old son. so there is a natural level of noise in my house. Meadow has been with us since she was small, only 4 months, so it does not phase her in the least. our new guy Max has been with us for one month, so he is still getting used to us. i don’t lower the volume on our tv or music, but it’s always in the bedroom or the living roon, so he can always leave and go to the quieter bunny room if he chooses. i think you should be okay as long as there is a quiet retreat available.

• Cassi&Charlie
            Participant
            1260 posts Send Private Message

Charlie seems to enjoy the PS2 games loud, he always comes and sits with my partner when he’s playing his car games etc to watch but never joins me when I play my games softly. He hates loud music though and will stand in front of the speakers and thump his foot until the evil music is gone (he especially hates Fall Out Boy). I think it depends on their personality but you should be able to tell whether or not they are troubled by the music by their reactions to it. Lucky for me I have a very outspoken bunny.

• Luna_baby
              Participant
              13 posts Send Private Message

Luna likes my punk, rock and metal, she thumped my friend when he put on rap though

• kralspace
                Participant
                2663 posts Send Private Message

Mine don’t like loud rap and thump when my son plays it loud or even does it himself. I’ve mentioned before, though, they do love audio books!

I spend long hours at my home computer so I’ll pop in one of my Harry Potter books to listen too and about 3 feet away in their condo, Daisy and Lola come up to the eye-level floor and sit facing me side by side like bunny slippers. their ears are up and pointed toward the tape player and nothing moves but their noses twitching.

It’s very relaxing watching them, when it comes to the end of a tape and clicks off, they might run down for a bite or a poop and come right back when I start the next one. Maybe they like Jim Dales british accent?

They all like talk radio so I leave that on sometimes when I’m gone.

• Kokaneeandkahlua
                  Participant
                  12067 posts Send Private Message

All of mine freaked right out the first time they heard a movie (scary loud scenes) which was pretty funny!! (Well, except for chuck he can’t hear). Then they got used to it. Also, mine have noticably shown their distaste for rap music and seem to enjoy classical or happy sounding music.

I think as long as they can move somewhere quieter and aren’t restricted somewhere that’s loud it should be OK.

Also some of us leave radio’s or the TV for them, to keep them company

• LittlePuffyTail
                    18092 posts Send Private Message

My bf is not allowed to play his guitar or metal near my bunny room! I don’t know if it upsets them or not, but I know most animals don’t enjoy loud noises.

Bindi gets very upset whenever there is an animal growling/barking on tv. At Christmas I was watching the old Rudolph Classic and the Abominable Bumble scene where he does a lot of growling came on and Bindi stood straight up, listened, and then proceeded to growl and thump like mad until I turned it down. It was pretty funny but I turned it down as fast as I could.

• Cassi&Charlie
                      Participant
                      1260 posts Send Private Message

Yeah Charlie has a problem with planes on tv, esp concords. I’ll never be able to live anywhere near a flightpath, otherwise he’s be crazy all the time. Also monkey, so wierd!

• Lion_Lop_Lover
                        Participant
                        971 posts Send Private Message

Mine don’t have any problems with loud noise. Even when the security guy was here last week installing the system and testing the blaring alarm, they just froze, didn’t freak out thank goodness…!

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A music, tv,etc.