Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Moving from USA to UK

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • liz6160
      Participant
      1 posts Send Private Message

Hello, I saw a similar topic on here but for some reason my account won’t let me dm the user – Cassie119300 or comment on the post.

I am moving from the USA to the UK with my two rabbits and have found it very difficult to find any information on how to go about this process. So far I have contacted a quarantine facility that seems reliable- London & Essex Quarantine Facility. But I am getting a bunch of different information from different pet shipping companies and the airlines.

I am moving to the UK for  5 years for Vet School and I want my rabbits with me. They are 4 years old and I refuse to leave them behind. While I would honestly pay any amount for them to move with me, I just want my money to be put into a reliable company.

My plan of action as of now:

1. I will be flying the rabbits thru British Airways
        2. My rabbits will be picked up from London Heathrow from the customs broker that the quarantine facility is setting up
        3. Quarantine facility will pick my rabbits up after customs

Pricing:

1. 4 month quarantine + customs = about $6000
        2. British Airways quoted me = $2062.

Paperwork:

1. Fit to fly from Vet (I get from the vet)
        2. import license (quarantine facility does this)
        3. boarding document (quarantine facility does this)

If I am missing any paperwork or if anyone suggests I change airlines, please let me know. I have not paid for anything yet so I can still change it up.

• DanaNM
        8935 posts Send Private Message

Hi @liz6160 , since you are a brand new account, your posts will need to be approved for a bit. This is likely why you aren’t able to DM other members yet. You should be able to comment on other posts, but the comments will not show up until a moderator can approve them (this is all to prevent spammers on the forum).

I’m not personally familiar with those companies, but I know some other members have traveled internationally with their rabbits so hopefully they will chime in. Personally the long quarantine period would worry me, I would definitely want to be sure they were well cared for there.

Pet shipping with rabbits is worrisome, because if they are traveling in cargo it can be very dangerous for them. Long flights can also be difficult because you need to make sure they are eating every 6ish hours. More people are flying with rabbits and most seem to do OK, but it’s important to know how your bun tends to handle stress and talk to your vet about getting prepared for the journey. Especially be sure you can fly with them in the cabin.

. . . The answers provided in this discussion are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. Seek the advice of your veterinarian or a qualified behaviorist.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum HOUSE RABBIT Q & A Moving from USA to UK