Forum

OUR FORUM IS UP BUT WE ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF UPDATING AND FIXING THINGS.  SOME THINGS WILL LOOK WEIRD AND/OR NOT BE CORRECT. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.  We are not fully ready to answer questions in a timely manner as we are not officially open, but we will do our best. 

You may have received a 2-factor authentication (2FA) email from us on 4/21/2020. That was from us, but was premature as the login was not working at that time. 

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately! Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet. It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

What are we about?  Please read about our Forum Culture and check out the Rules

BUNNY 911 – If your rabbit hasn’t eaten or pooped in 12-24 hours, call a vet immediately!  Don’t have a vet? Check out VET RESOURCES 

The subject of intentional breeding or meat rabbits is prohibited. The answers provided on this board are for general guideline purposes only. The information is not intended to diagnose or treat your pet.  It is your responsibility to assess the information being given and seek professional advice/second opinion from your veterinarian and/or qualified behaviorist.

BINKYBUNNY FORUMS

Forum DIET & CARE Moving Bunnies Outside.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • Bunneh
      Participant
      37 posts Send Private Message

I Have Had A Bunny Inside Now But My Mum Says He Makes To Much Mess And Wants To Move Him Outside, Will My Bunny Be Ok With This?

I Have Also Had Him For About 3-4 Months And He Is About 7 Months Old.

• charlie82
        Participant
        295 posts Send Private Message

Hi,

Really your bunny should not be moved outside now until the Spring. It’s been quite cold in England this last week, and because your rabbits has been indoors for 3-4 months he will not have grown in a winter coat 🙂 Rabbits can’t regulate their body temperature so going from living inside to outside right now will not be good for him. Also, if you are moving your bunny outside you should really consider getting him a companion as they are social animals and since he will most likely not be getting as much attention he would be a whole lot happier with a friend of his own kind!

Have you tried to litter train your bunny? I have two house rabbits and they are so well behaved when it comes to their litter trays. The only mess I have to deal with is the hay that they kick out of the box, but it only takes 5 mins a day to clear that up. People come in my home and aren’t even aware that there are rabbits about!

• JK
          Participant
          2223 posts Send Private Message

I really wish people would realize how much work bunnies are BEFORE they adopt!  Could you start making more of an effort to really keep things cleaner so your poor little bun does not have to live outside?  I spend a lot of time cleaning up after Edson.  It is a lot of work but the rewards are great.  It’s all in scheduling your time with cleanup.  I suspect you are young.  Maybe if you prove to your mom that you will clean up the mess your mom would see that you are responsible and the bun can be inside with the family where he belongs. Spend time in the morning before you go to school and again at night. I’m sorry if I sound like another mother but if I saw my child was being responsible then I would reconsider.

• Sarita
            Participant
            18851 posts Send Private Message

Is your bunny spayed or neutered too?

I agree with Charlie and Knowltons and hope you will take the time to litter train and clean your bunny’s area. I clean my rabbit’s area twice a day and I have 11 rabbits – it only takes me 30 minutes each time so I know it will only take you a minimal amount of time with one to keep your rabbit’s area clean. If you clean it daily it is really so much easier on you and your rabbit will be happy to have a clean place too.

• Lisa_43
              Participant
              1499 posts Send Private Message

I agree with everyone’s comments, I have a mum and 6 messy little babies and I don’t find the cleaning that hard.

I also clean twice a day and maybe a couple of spot cleans throughout the day.

• MooBunnay
                Participant
                3087 posts Send Private Message

To respond to your question – no your rabbit will not be OK with being moved outside – especially because the sudden change in temperature from living indoors to being moved outdoors will be extremely harmful to his body. Rabbits cannot handle temperature changes like that. He is not even prepared with a good coat for that – which will make him sick and could possibly kill him.

What you need to do is learn how to solve the problem that makes your mom want to move him outdoors – because your bunny will really suffer if you just put him outdoors now.

What exactly is the “mess” he is causing? Is it fur, pooping and peeing outside the box? Or is it the hay? We can help you with any of those problems – we have all experience them before!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum DIET & CARE Moving Bunnies Outside.